Marketing & Events Manager
The Marketing & Events Manager leads all functions and processes related to private and public taproom events at Town Brewing Co. This person will also work with guidance from the Director of Business Operations to coordinate press releases, social media content, and general marketing for brands and forementioned events. This position includes but is not limited to: group parties, business groups, business development, market events, festivals, live music, content creation, and event planning and staffing. S/he will work hand in hand with the taproom manager to coordinate special and private events, projected sales, and keeping brand image. This position is responsible for ensuring a top-level environment for all and keeping in line with profitable margins. The Marketing & Events Manager reports directly to the Director of Business Operations and the owners of the company.
• Responsible for booking all private events at Town Brewing Co.
• Works with team on beer release events at Town Brewing Co.
• Implement strategy of marketing plans for new brands and events
• Works with Director of Operations on marketing strategy and campaigns for entire Town brand
• Constructs ideas and budgets for larger events at Town Brewing Co.
• Weekend availability for events at Town and festivals around the area
• Works with the Social Media Manager to correlate events with postings and event pages
• Manage coordinating with vendors, securing event permits, and overseeing setup and breakdown
• Coordinates with any third party that may host an event at Town Brewing Co.
• Holds regular office hours to meet with event vendors, sponsors, and partners to ensure clear expectations for a successful event
• Maintain event calendar to ensure accurate event planning, team communication, and detailed event recaps
• Understand and adhere to North Carolina alcohol laws and permits
• Attend weekly marketing, production, and taproom meetings
Education and experience:
• Degree in Hospitality Management or Marketing, or equivalent time employed in Event Planning, Marketing or Hospitality Management
• Experience managing brand image
• Experience in business development
• Experience working with a team
• Prior beverage or brewery experience is a plus
Skills, knowledge, and attributes:
• Base level knowledge of craft brewing
• Understanding of professionalism when dealing with clients
• Ability to be creative and innovative
• Knowledge of market climate and trends
• Great positive personality
• Understanding of Microsoft Office products and ability to use a CRM
• Extremely organized and attentive to detail