Social Media Coordinator
The Social Media Coordinator position is dedicated to the overall support and coordination of social media operations for the @unccharlotte and @49erAlumni social media presences. The main responsibilities of this position include project management, handling logistics for content creation, coordinating cross-campus social initiatives, analytics support, ambassador programs, and general social media support as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in a closely related field that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed in the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Essential job duties:
As a member of the University Social Media Team, the Social Media Coordinator position is dedicated to the overall support and coordination of social media operations for the @unccharlotte and @49erAlumni social media presences. Their scope of responsibility includes:
• Serving as the project manager for all social media related content needs (i.e. coordinating shoots, coordinating talent to appear in videos, scheduling brainstorming sessions, ensuring projects are on track, etc.).
• Coordinating execution of social media giveaways.
• Utilizing the Brandwatch social management tool to tag and manage content organization.
• Analyzing social media data and supporting the creation of quarterly reports.
• Supporting the planning and execution of university wide campaign-related social media.
• Serves as on-shoot support for content creation opportunities.
• Other social media related duties as assigned.
Other work responsibilities:
Collaborates with the social media team on other social media related duties as needed, including support with community management, efforts to be responsive via direct messages, social media monitoring, social media listening, copy writing, and other needs as assigned.
Experience, skills, training and education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, or related field
• 1-2 years of professional social media and/or marketing/communication internship experience
• Detail-oriented and ability to manage multiple elements of a project
• Strong judgment and ability to use discretion when handling sensitive or confidential information
• Previous experience in working with/on a non-personal social media account (i.e. brand or organization social media experience)
• Strong understanding of how brand social media differs from personal social media in voice/tone, strategy, management, etc.
• Ability to adapt quickly to the ever-changing digital communication space and willingness to learn and adapt to meet emerging needs