New Construction Punch & Warranty Supervisor
$55,000 per year
Mission-Driven Career Opportunity
One of the leading affordable housing nonprofits in the area, Habitat Charlotte Region partners with hundreds of families each year through affordable homeownership, home preservation and financial literacy training. As a Punch & Warranty Supervisor, you’ll play an integral role in our vision of a world where everyone has a safe and affordable place to live.
Why Join Habitat?
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Industry-leading healthcare, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care)
• Work/life balance supported by generous PTO
• Career development and promotion opportunities
• Casual working environment
• Retirement planning – a 403(b) with 3% organizational match
The Punch and Warranty Supervisor will support the New Construction team throughout the build process, with a specific focus on insuring smooth closings and warranty procedures.
• Manage the warranty process for both New and Existing Home projects
• Intake and tracking of new requests
• Triage of warranty concerns as needed
• Perform warranty repairs and/or assign to a construction staff member
• Develop and implement homeowner maintenance skills training program, partnering with Family Services staff as appropriate
• Support the New Construction team in leading volunteer groups and finishing projects
• Lead volunteer groups on all tasks when scheduling conflicts occur
• Coordinate with supervisors to spend up to three days on each New Construction project during the final punch phase, to insure clean and timely closings
• Assist managers in performing internal quality control inspections on New Construction projects
• Collaborate with Director of New Construction to establish a consistent approach to the job responsibilities
• As an OSHA Competent Person, assist in leading efforts towards accomplishing a comprehensive, construction safety program.
Education and skills:
• CPR/First Aid, OSHA 10-hour, OSHA Competent Person (HFHI training)
• GC License, Bachelor’s Degree
Ability to work on construction sites full time: lifting 75 lbs. unassisted, climbing ladders/scaffolding, working on roof and in crawl spaces, and maneuvering over uneven ground.
Estimated Time Commitment:
40 + hours/week, Tuesday-Saturday schedule.
All applicants are required to complete pre-employment background screening, drug test, and motor vehicle record search.