General Contracting Site Supervisor
$60,000 annual salary
Mission-Driven Career Opportunity:
One of the leading affordable housing nonprofits in the area, Habitat Charlotte Region partners with hundreds of families each year through affordable homeownership, home preservation and financial literacy training. As a General Contracting Site Supervisor, you’ll play an integral role in our vision of a world where everyone has a safe and affordable place to live.
Why Join Habitat?
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Industry-leading healthcare, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care)
• Work/life balance supported by generous PTO
• Career development and promotion opportunities
• Casual working environment
• Retirement planning a 403(b) with 3% organizational match
Oversee the construction of Single Family Residential subcontracted projects including both Attached and Detached dwellings. The GC Program Supervisor will both manage projects independently and support additional projects under construction as needed. Primary responsibilities will be to schedule, coordinate, and monitor the work being performed by subcontractors on assigned projects and to support fellow members of the New Construction Team.
• Gain proficiency at a variety of back-office tasks required of a Site Supervisor including ordering, scheduling, invoice approvals, construction workflow and critical path planning, sub-contractor expectations and management, NC Building code, OSHA Compliance
• Gain proficiency at soliciting, tracking, and awarding bids as required
• Communicate effectively with other internal departments (Development, Volunteer Coordination, Family Services, etc) to ensure smooth projects from start to finish
• Ensure subcontractors are following plans and meeting our program requirements
• Plan for each workday to ensure that all necessary resources- material and human- are available to keep project on track
• Learn intricacies of multi-family building plans to ensure they are being built to plan. To include firewall details, window & door placement and any other details that will impact quality and finished appearance
• Keep a clean site throughout a build, ensuring subcontractors are doing their part to clean up after themselves
• Maintain open communication with Habitat Homeowners while construction is underway on their homes
• As requested, provide leadership on special construction projects such as off-site builds and events
• Provide a safe working environment at all times – abiding by all Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte, OSHA, and EPA safety standards
• Maintain Habitat equipment, as assigned
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to Perform all Construction Tasks Related to Projects
• Ability to read blueprints and additional construction plans/documents related to Residential Construction
• Attention to Detail
• Good Interpersonal Communication Skills
• Good Organizational Skills
• Clear understanding of construction terminology and ability to communicate effectively.
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured by Habitat’s insurance provider.
• Motivation, self-direction and personal integrity
• A desire to increase proficiency in a focus area
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated leadership and potential for continued leadership
• Demonstrated technical skills in construction
• Project Management Experience
• Personal Construction vehicle required
This position requires working outdoors on construction sites in all types of weather, in a warehouse setting with or without climate control, and indoors in an office setting. Travel between locations within service area as needed.
• Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
• Ability to work and maneuver on roofs and high spaces
• Ability to work in tight confines and within crawlspaces
• Ability to maneuver over uneven ground
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Ability to stand most or all of any given day
• Ability to work outside for extended periods of time during all months of the year
• Ability to operate basic computer skills
• Estimated Time Commitment: 40 + hours/week. Tuesday-Saturday schedule
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen and background check is required.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region program funding often includes federal funding and this role may support federally funded activities. People qualifying as Section 3 residents per Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968 (12 U.S.C § 1701u) and its associated regulations (24 C.F.R. Part 75) are encouraged to apply. Information on Section 3 qualifications and certification material available upon request.