VP of eCommerce and Channel Manager
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, CPI Security was founded in 1991 on an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for helping and protecting others. What started as a company of 10 employees and 300 customers has grown into one of the nation’s top 10 largest security providers with over 750 employees. Over the years, CPI has received many awards for excellence, such as twice-awarded SDM Dealer of the Year, Central Station of the Year, and the Marvel Award. The company leads the industry in alarm response times, is consistently ranked in the top 10 of electronic security businesses and is widely known as North Carolina and South Carolina’s Top 25 Best Places to Work.
Based in Charlotte NC and Reporting into the COO, this role is accountable for leading CPI’s E-commerce channel development with a focus in the execution and delivery of value-added growth strategies. He or she is responsible for gaining a deep understanding of customer needs, vision, mission, strategies, market insights and business drivers. This role will be instrumental in the initial implementation of CPI’s E-commerce platform as a hands-on project sponsor as well engaging resources across the organization to develop this important channel. This leader will also have P&L responsibilities for our ecommerce business channel.
• Lead collaboration with different stakeholders to drive and implement the e-commerce sales strategy utilizing the Salesforce Commerce on Core platform (Not Demandware) throughout all of the company’s consumer sales categories to develop and achieve CPI’s e-commerce goals
• Coordinate activities with IT partners, marketing, fulfillment, finance and sales partners to design and build appropriate infrastructures to give CPI a competitive edge to innovate and disrupt the e-commerce competitive landscape in the home security space
• Drive revenue and profit growth objectives with P&L ownership
• Develop, implement and manage KPIs for the ecommerce channel to appropriately measure and improve experience, revenue and usability of the platform.
• Build strong partnerships with the ecommerce technology partners and internal stakeholders to ensure successful strategy and execution
• Be a thought-leader internally and externally to shape and execute an astute e-commerce digital experience focused on optimizing successful customer engagement and overall sales conversion based on consumer-funnel approach
• Use analytical insights, influence channel development and promotion strategy decisions, and identify potential revenue streams within our e-commerce platforms
• Collaborate closely with marketing, sales and finance team to develop a differentiated e-commerce channel marketing and sales activation plan to maximize yield across all sales channels and improve cost per sale
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Strategic thinker with the ability to look from both channel & marketing perspectives and embody a business-ownership mindset with relentless pursuit of innovation and personal growth
• Previous experience with an e-commerce implementation required, service industry experience a plus
• Possess the proactiveness to engage into the unknown/ untested territories, you are also not afraid to learn from failures in the pursuit of achieving ambitious goals
• Embrace innovation in everyday thinking, enjoy and thrive in highly-collaborative environment
• 7 years or more experience working with e-commerce platforms with a track record of growing the channel
Other experience required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
• Minimum 7 years of sales & marketing experience out of which 5 years are experience gained in digital marketing or e-commerce in a B2C environment
• Relevant experience in the security industry is a strong advantage
• Relevant e-commerce omni-channel sales experience
• Aggressive pay and the opportunity to work for an iconic brand
• Great medical, dental, vision, short- & long-term disability and life insurance options
• Company paid holidays, floating holiday, and paid time off (PTO)
• 401(k) plan with competitive company match
• Eligible for free monitored security system after 90 days
• Education assistance – we encourage and support our employees who want to improve their skills and further their education
• Engaging and fun company culture that’s made up of a diverse group of people
• Volunteer and community engagement opportunities. CPI partners with organizations that share our mission to save and improve lives, particularly focusing on underserved communities.
• An on-site café, coffee/smoothie bar, walking trail, basketball court, and state-of-the-art fitness facility with a dedicated Fitness staff
• Birthday and Work Anniversary Rewards
CPI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.