SouthernEEZ is a quality-first, full-service landscaping and maintenance company serving the Charlotte- Fort Mill-Rock Hill metro. Established in 2010, SouthernEEZ is the fastest-growing locally owned and operated landscape contractor in the area, named to the 2022 and 2023 Inc. 5000 List of fastest-growing U.S. companies. Our employees, like our clients, are cornerstones of our business. So we take great care in finding great employees to work at a great company for great clients. That’s our culture and our way of doing business.
Our mission is clear. We love what we do and care about:
• Building a reputation that makes our clients and employees proud
• Exceeding our clients’ expectations for quality and service every day
• Getting every project and visit done “right” the first time
We are looking for an individual to join our team as a hands-on operational controller. This person will lead all accounting, technology and FP&A functions, with the goal of ensuring our production teams deliver the highest quality work on budget. As a company leader, you will have an opportunity to make an impact within an organization undergoing substantial growth.
What you’ll do as our operational controller:
• Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A): Own the FP&A process, to include monthly forecasting, budget/actual variance, management KPI’s and capex forecast and execution.
• Financial Management: Responsible for A/P and A/R process and execution, cash management, expense reconciliation and vendor management.
• Strategic Growth: Lead the analysis of potential growth opportunities (new business, acquisitions, etc.) and integration/execution of these opportunities into our financial and operational processes.
• Financial Reporting: Execute month-end closing procedures, account reconciliations, capital expenditures tracking, and fixed asset management.
• Personal Development: Focus on training, development, and hands-on experience, through management of Quickbooks accounting software and industry-leading operating software.
• Management Reporting: Provide complete, accurate, and timely presentation of all financial statements to the owner and leadership team during weekly 1:1 meetings.
• Cost Control: Implement cost control measures and optimize financial processes, Cash forecasting, Ensure payments to suppliers are accurate and timely
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field with 3-5+ years’ experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions and
• Experience with Quickbooks and Operational software systems
• Prior experience in the landscape or construction fields not required, someone who plays well
with others is.
Competitive salary based on experience.
• Our office in Fort Mill, SC
• Paid time off and holidays
• Professional development assistance
Please email – [email protected]
SouthernEEZ is an equal opportunity employer. When submitting an application and interviewing at SouthernEEZ, you may be asked to verify your driving record and any criminal history, and authorize us to verify your employment, financial and other background information necessary in making a hiring decision. You may be required to take a pre-employment drug test.