Rebuilding Together of Greater Charlotte (RTGC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission of repairing homes, revitalizing communities, rebuilding lives. RTGC brings our community together to address the affordable housing crisis, mobilizing contractors and volunteers from across the region to complete projects that make homes and communities safer and healthier for our neighbors.
As an affiliate organization of Rebuilding Together, RTGC has strong networks and support from other affiliates and the Rebuilding Together national office. Currently in phase of rapid growth, RTGC is working to build out and strengthen our framework for community impact, partnerships, and operational excellence, and the Program Coordinator position is an integral part of that work.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all aspects of client communication, case management, and supporting construction administration. The program Coordinator reports to the Director of Construction.
• Work with the Executive Director, Director of Construction, Director of Operations, and Program Committee to establish, implement, and monitor annual program goals
• Support impact measurement strategy and identify program improvements to increase impact and efficiency
• Assist with project and client data aggregation for grant reporting and special projects
• Research and suggest new programs to increase community impact and respond to changing community needs
• Develop and coordinate trainings, resources, and presentations on healthy housing for both homeowners and volunteers
Client communication and service delivery
• Conduct client intake process, including responding to inquiries, mailing application forms, homeowner interview and story creation, and providing referrals as appropriate
• Manage all correspondence with clients, including application acknowledgments, status updates, scope of work agreements, surveys, referrals to other organizations, introduction and reminder notices, etc.
• Serve as the main point of contact for clients during the rebuild process, including scheduling volunteers and contractor work and providing construction status updates
• Review all applications received and determine eligibility for the program, including any potential grant funds that could apply
• Establish communication – through telephone, email, and in-person visits – with applicants to review the application information, required paperwork, any additional information needed, and any other questions the applicant may have
• Keep an updated database of client referral agencies and assess and provide clients with referrals as needed
• Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and storage of case files in Salesforce CRM
• Support pre-construction project tasks, including collecting information for environmental reviews, state historical preservation compliance, and testing for hazards
• Coordinate with funding partners to complete due diligence for each project to ensure compliance with RTGC and funder standards
• Assist with project expense tracking and reporting
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work/volunteering experience
• Commitment to serving low-income and diverse communities
• Impeccable organizational and project management skills, significant attention to detail and follow-through, ability to work on multiple tasks in a growing and changing environment
• Strong customer service background and mindset, including compassion and the ability to work with diverse individuals
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable, to maintain professional and positive under stress and to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups
• Comfort with speaking and presenting in front of large groups – experience training or teaching volunteers is a plus
• Excellent problem solver with attention to developing and improving systems to improve RTGC programs
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications and experience with Salesforce a plus
• Must be able to work with a flexible schedule including weekends particularly during April and October, including attendance at some organizational evening events and trainings
Physical and other requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee should be able to:
• Move materials weighing 10-20 pounds repeatedly and unassisted
• Navigate construction sites, including rough or uneven ground, around debris and obstacles
• Communicate while on an active construction site including listening and speaking over significant ambient noise
• Speak to groups of up to 20 constituents about Rebuilding Together’s work
• Operate basic office equipment including computer, telephone, etc.
• Travel independently from office to work sites and other events as required. If RTGC vehicle is not available, mileage will be reimbursed at the standard mileage rate set by the IRS
RTGC staff members are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19
Compensation and benefits:
This full-time exempt position has a salary range of $40,000-$50,000, depending on experience. RTGC offers fully paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and matches retirement contributions up to 4%.
Email cover letter and resume to Kamaria Clifton at [email protected].
Rebuilding Together of Greater Charlotte will provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.