Director of Marketing and Brand Management
The Director of Marketing and Brand Management holds the primary responsibility for the management of all communication and marketing materials for the organization, web and social media networks and directs media relations and opportunities.
Community and public relations
• Assist the senior team with community relationships and promote a positive image of DreamKey Partners
• Help establish a dialogue and shared agenda at the highest levels of public, corporate and foundation sectors to foster and enhance support for community development and housing
• Assis in building positive relationships with stakeholders, media, and public
• Address inquiries from the media and other partners
• Be present at DreamKey Partners events to provide and distribute promotional materials and take photos, video, and other forms of media for use on social media and web platforms
• Be the first point of contact with the media, respond to inquiries and assign the right organizational spokesperson for the inquiry. Engages external public relations resources as necessary
Communications, brand, and marketing
• With support from the Board, staff and hired consultants, execute, and lead an effective marketing and communications strategy that positions DreamKey Partners as the trusted leader with the capacity to deliver on community development programs and projects
• Annually, assist the Chief Strategy Officer and senior team produce a Communications and Marketing Plan, monitor progress and update as needed
• Help strengthen DreamKey Partners’ brand and reflect a consistent message in marketing materials and communication strategies
• Produce annual marketing and communications materials that accurately reflect DreamKey Partners’ mission, vision, brand and capacity and provide a compelling case for financial support
• Work with senior leadership team and department supervisors to create programmatic marketing materials
• Assist in the management of the organizational website, ensure its maximum functionality, and monitor regularly to ensure the site is kept up to date
• Create social media communications including blogging, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok to ensure DreamKey Partners’ relevance and community clout
• Plan and execute events such as groundbreakings, grand openings, special focus symposiums, anniversary celebrations, etc. with help from consultants
• Assist the Chief Strategy Officer with the Board Communications Committee; ensures all reports pertaining to communications activities are prepared and submitted in a timely manner
• Participate in organizational team projects that strengthen the organization
• Participate in annual strategic planning and completion of departmental work-plans and budgets
• Five to seven (5-7) years marketing experience, preferably in community development and/or housing
• Technical skills with web-based marketing and social media communication methods
• An experienced writer who is able to translate ideas and data into compelling stories that demonstrate the impact of our mission
• Proven ability to manage creative production; evaluate creative concepts, graphic design and copy creation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfort with speaking in diverse public forums, able to articulate a persuasive case for support
Four-year college degree.
Office (hybrid); some nights & weekends.
Limited Inner-city neighborhoods.
Medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, paid sick and vacation, parental leave and 403b plan with company matching.
This job description does not list all the job duties. Occasionally, supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other instructions and duties. Your evaluation is based in part upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Send resume to [email protected]