Facilities and Maintenance Manager
The Facilities and Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the interior and exterior of the RMHC of Greater Charlotte is well maintained, clean, comfortable, safe and orderly on a day-today and ongoing basis. This position will work with outside vendors and supervise the contract cleaning services.
• Work closely with the DHO to ensure the facility meets local, state and federal standards
• Work closely with the DHO on construction, renovation and repair projects
• Inspect and audit daily communal areas and rooms throughout the facility, to ensure a high level of cleanliness and functionality
• Schedule a systematic deep cleaning (carpets, windows, painting etc) of all rooms annually
• Daily inspect facility and grounds to ensure property is maintained and there are no issues
• Develop and execute maintenance plan for repairs, inspections, routine services, etc.
Perform preventative maintenance tasks or arrange for appropriate vendor as needed
• Serve as liaison to vendors and contractors related to maintenance and service repairs
• Maintain records and files for: vendors, maintenance services, warranties, appliance manuals, property drawings and other related documents
• Maintain storage room 3 to ensure room is restocked, clean and organized with supplies as necessary. If any items are needed inform the Director of House Operations
• Assists the guest families and volunteers in the correct operation of appliances such as washers, dryers, microwave ovens, coffee makers, phones, TVs, etc.
• Make general maintenance repairs and respond to requests and perform repairs in a timely manner and communicate status of maintenance issues with Family Registry maintenance tool
• Work with the Office Administrator to prepare the Media Room for incoming groups with requested tables& chairs for each meeting
• Responsible for picking up supplies or items needed for repair or maintenance projects throughout the facility
• Responsible for van, car and power equipment maintenance and upkeep
• Available for emergency maintenance assistance during off hours when necessary
• Moving and assisting in transportation and setup of furniture and equipment
• Quarterly fire drills
• Knowledge and updates provided for the Emergency Manual
Education and experience:
• Associate degree a plus or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of related experience in the hospitality industry
• Knowledge of power and hand tools
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
• Computer skills including Excel, Word, and related computer applications
• General maintenance knowledge
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Strong skills in negotiation, problem solving, and researching information
• Strong organizational skills
Leadership and management responsibilities
No direct reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Additional physical demands related to this specific position include:
• Ability to move items weighing up to 25 pounds to various offices and events
• The person in this position must be able to move easily about the House and its grounds
Interested applicants, please send resume to [email protected].