Director of Finance
Ranger Construction Company is a commercial general contractor specializing in upfits, renovations, and maintenance of office, industrial, and medical properties in Charlotte and surrounding areas. Ranger has been in business for over 20 years, and is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
The director of finance position is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The director of finance is responsible for cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
• Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual review and annual budgets
• Establishes, or recommends to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company
• Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs
• Develops and manages compensation plans and practices, including bonus plans
• Oversees and manages all AP and AR activity and practices, including check & ACH processing
• Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
• Preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification
• Secures/maintains insurance coverage and advises management about insurance coverage and risk management practices for protection against property losses and potential liabilities
• Provides management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities
• Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
• Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value
• Arranges for, and oversees, the annual company financial review and annual tax preparation with a 3rd party accounting firm
• Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies
• Manages relations with banks and other financial institutions
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
This job has supervisory responsibility over the AR / AP Specialist.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting, Finance or a related field; or five or more years related corporate finance experience and/or training managing an accounting function; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Construction Company experience is a plus.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs. Prior experience with Viewpoint Spectrum construction software is a plus.
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
CPA Certification preferred.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This position works in an open office environment and the noise level is usually moderate.
The expected pay range for this position is expected to be between $120,000-$140,000 per year. In addition to base salary, the employee is also eligible for bonus pay based on company performance.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This is a non-remote position. The employee is expected to be in the office to perform the job functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Email resume to Megan Drennan at [email protected]