St. Stephen United Methodist church, located in the southeastern part of Charlotte, NC, is seeking an Administrative Assistant. Our vision is to be the hands, feet, and heart of Jesus Christ.
This is a full time, non-exempt position reporting directly to the Senior Pastor. Our full-time work week consists of 32 hours. Our benefits include paid health care insurance, pension plan, PTO, 11 additional paid holidays, and an hourly salary range of $23.00 to $25.00 depending on experience.
Our ideal candidate is one who can be flexible with their daily tasks as the needs of members arise; shares a desire to work with a team of others who deeply love God; is committed to Christian ethics and personal accountability; demonstrates empathy and compassion for members, guest, and staff; and possesses the ability to communicate, (both verbal and written) carefully, authentically, and clearly.
• Committed follower of Jesus Christ
• An understanding of the United Methodist church structure is preferred but not required
• Experience working in an office environment
• Support the Senior Pastor and Ministerial staff
• Maintains worship attendance reports including notifying Senior Pastor and Welcome Committee Chair of new guest
• Annual Charge Conference Report
• Annual Year-end Reports
• Maintains updated member files (baptisms, births, deaths, etc.)
• Recruits, trains, and schedules member volunteers for telephone/receptionist duties
• Maintains updated approved records of church van drivers
• Programs thermostats for HVAC
• Programs door codes when needed
• Serves as point of contact for Charlotte Mecklenburg Fire Inspector, Landscaping and janitorial companies
• Contacts repairmen for emergencies and/or scheduled maintenance