Fewer Charlotte FC season ticket holders will see price increases for the 2024 season compared to the 2023 season.
What’s happening: Charlotte FC season ticket member invoices went out Sept. 15. There will not be a price increase for the supporters’ section, 100- or 200-level seats.
Yes, but: 300-level, which are club-level seats, may see a price increase due to the terms of their contracts.
Why it matters: Prices rose an average of 4% from 2022 to 2023 and fans were not happy. Hiking ticket prices is not uncommon across sports, but fans want to see a winning product on the field. Charlotte FC hasn’t consistently delivered that, but they have created an atmosphere that keeps fans coming back.
- Charlotte’s average attendance through 14 games this season is 35,212 fans.
Between the lines: Your invoice may not look the same for 2023 as it will in 2024 because of the 18th game. Let’s break it down:
- Season ticket holders are invoiced for 18 games annually.
- Since Charlotte did not host an 18th game in 2022 that game was credited to most 2023 invoices.
- If your balance owed looks higher for 2024, and you aren’t in club-level seat area where costs went up, that’s likely why.
Of note: When 2024 season ticket memberships go on sale for first-time buyers, they will be the same price as they were for 2023 first-time buyers, a club spokesperson confirmed to Axios. The exact date of when these will go on sale has not been set.
By the numbers: Charlotte is 7-9-11 with 32 points, sitting 11th in the Eastern Conference with seven regular season games left.
- Charlotte’s regular season finale, which may prove crucial to their playoff hunt, comes against Inter Miami and Lionel Messi on Oct. 21 at Bank of America Stadium.
- Tickets start at $125 for that game in the upper bowl. By comparison, tickets for their Sept. 16 match vs. D.C. United cost $15 for the upper bowl.
The big picture: Charlotte FC is looking to add more value to its season ticket, a club spokesperson told Axios.
- Season ticket members receive complimentary Apple Season Pass, which is where games air.
- They also had access to two preseason matches for free this year.
Flashback: Charlotte became the first Major League Soccer club to institute personal seat licenses, which are a one-time fee and were used to help fund Bank of America Stadium’s $50 million renovations ahead of the club’s inaugural season last year.
- Panthers PSL owners saw their ticket prices increase before the season started.
What’s next: You can keep your PSL and renew your season ticket or:
- Resell your PSL through the club’s marketplace, similar to what the Panthers provide, but you cannot sell your PSL unless it is paid in full.
- You can also opt for a private transfer, pending your PSL is paid in full, which allows to give your PSL to a family or a friend member.
Editor’s note: This story was originally published on Sept. 15, 2023. It was updated on Sept. 17, 2023 to reflect Charlotte’s current record, average attendance and the number of remaining matches.