Saturday, May 16 a new growers-only farmers market is opening in NoDa. The market will be located at the corner of Alexander and 36th from 8 am – noon.
- NoDa Farmers Market was started by Joey Hewell who also co-owns Linwell Farms, an urban farm at his home just outside of Uptown.
- A growers-only market means that 75% of everything sold at the market is grown, raised or produce on the farmer’s land.
- The market will be open year round – every Saturday April – November and every other Saturday December – March.
- The market will feature a wide variety of produce and products from Waygu beef to duck eggs to local honey.
- Farmers include Cold Water Creek Farms, Commonwealth Farms, Wish We Had Acres Farms, Mary L Farm, and Zone 7 Foods. Additional farmers will be added throughout the season.
A photo posted by ColdwaterCreekFarms (@2organicfarmers) on
“Our mission is to provide a venue where local farmers, producers, and artisans join together to provide a variety of high quality, farm fresh produce and related products to the Charlotte community. Our “growers only” approach encourages direct communication between the farmer and the consumer as well as foster opportunities for social gatherings while promoting nutritious food choices.” – NoDa Farmers Market mission
- This weekend, the market will be selling NoDa Farmers Market t-shirts and tote bags to raise money for the market and will also have a scavenger hunt for children.
- This market is unique in that the farmers do not have to pay to sell. The market will be funded through local businesses in the neighborhood. The head sponsor of the market is NoDa Brewing.
Connect with NoDa Farmers market and Linwell Farms