Human Resources Consultant
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Human Resources Consultant for the Human Resources Department. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
$59,849 – $73,149
Primary purpose of position:
This position will conduct all organizational design consultation and position review/analysis associated with the establishment of new EHRA/SHRA positions, the modification of existing EHRA/SHRA positions, and all corresponding salary administration consistent with Federal, State, System Office, and University guidelines and policies.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of progressively responsible professional human resources management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential job duties:
• Responsible for all classification review, analysis, and determination processes associated with the creation of new, or reallocation of existing, positions designated as ‘subject to the State Human Resources Act’ (SHRA) and/or ‘exempt from the State Human Resources Act’ (EHRA)
• Responsible for the establishment of equitable salary adjustments in accordance with all applicable Federal and State policies
• Provides consultative services to department heads as regards potential position design or classification needs
• Clarifies and confirms position description documentation through interviews with position manager and/or incumbent, as applicable
• Conducts comparative analysis with other appropriate internal/external positions and negotiates with position manager to reach successful consensus if initial request is not supportable
• Prior, or current, work experience in position design, analysis or measurement, in a career-banded (or similar) classification environment is essential
• Current or prior experience with, or knowledge of, the State of North Carolina classification and compensation systems is strongly preferred
• Extensive knowledge of human resource laws, regulations, and best practices
• Demonstrated consultative and negotiation skills are also essential
• Strong analytical skills (to include data retrieval, data manipulation, and data verification)
• Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is essential
• Prior, or current, experience with PeopleAdmin, Banner HR, (or other comparable HRIS system) is strongly preferred
• Prior, or current, experience in the design or delivery of employee training sessions is also preferred
• Proficiency with Google (Gmail, google sheets, google docs, google mail merge)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
Salary and benefits are competitive
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.