Cloud Closet allows you to rent clothes from designer clothing brands like Farm Rio, Reformation, Runaway the Label and Show Me Your Mumu, at an affordable cost.
Starting today, Sept. 5, you can start reserving outfits and a few accessories from the local startup.
- “I’ve rented for years, from every rental company you can think of,” says Cloud Closet founder Megan Ames. The fact that Ponybox attracted Ames.
Context: Ames liked her experience renting with Ponybox so much that she started working there. If you’ve walked into the Plaza Midwood showroom you may have met her. Eventually, she became the operations manager of the rental store, and she still works at Thrift Pony.
Yes, but: Cloud Closet will be an upgraded version of Ponybox, with a new website that will make it easier for you to rent clothes based on your social schedule.
- “We have a range of styles … from cocktail attire to just going out with girlfriends,” Ames said.
How it works: Go on the website, browse the selection and schedule your order. You can schedule it as early as the next day for delivery within the I-485 loop or pick-up at Thrift Pony (110 Morningside Dr.).
- You keep the clothes for four, seven or 10 days at a time.
- Clothes that typically retail between $100-$300 are available to rent for $7-$10.
- Once you’re done, you can either drop them back off in a bin at Thrift Pony by the end of day, or leave the garment bag containing your outfits outside your location by 8am on pick-up day.
- “You go to a screen, see everything that’s available, pick out what you want, and when you go to your dressing room it magically appears,” Ames explained.