School Programs Director
Digi-Bridge sparks interest and passion in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) learning, ensuring students have the opportunities and skills to succeed in a rapidly-changing world by fostering curiosity, creativity, exploration, persistence, and resilience. Since 2015, Digi-Bridge has been providing K-8 scholars throughout Mecklenburg County with STEAM learning experience serving more than 15,000 students and thirty partner schools.
Digi-Bridge’s School Programs Director will be responsible for setting the vision and implementing the full scope of Digi-Bridge STEAM programs, establishing key relationships within Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools school based staff and district staff, and ensuring program effectiveness in student and teacher achievement.
This position will require in-person work at various locations and many functions may not be performed remotely. There is flexibility within the work week for at least 1 day remote with plenty of flexibility. This position reports to the CEO. Due to the out of school time nature of our programs, non-traditional hours may be required.
Current program offerings:
• Digi-Bridge’s premier school-based program, STEAMLab, matches students to opportunities to explore, tinker and create through out of school time hands-on STEAM based instruction
• In 2019, Digi-Bridge launched a multi-site programming and robotics initiative that operates in partnership with several Title 1 schools and community initiatives
• Digi-Bridge’s work extends well past four walls and deep into communities to meet students where they are. We work with community partners to advance the goals of the organization to expose students to STEAM topics through after school clubs, neighborhood initiatives, and summer camps and more
• Digi-Bridge has an advanced skill development classes within school and community environments
• STEAMKits have been successful throughout the pandemic and continue to reach students and partners through individual material kits paired with virtual or printed instruction
• Lead, manage and develop a team of 4+ Program Managers, supporting all programming across Digi-Bridge, a top of the funnel STEM interest and engagement organization across 25+ partner Title 1 schools, community partners, and earned revenue initiatives
• Lead training and onboarding for Program Managers
• Directly manage Program Managers including coaching, training, delegating, supporting, hiring/firing, and teambuilding in a variety of settings and structures
• Set goals, oversee calendars, iterate on internal infrastructure to increase program effectiveness
• Oversee program evaluation and monitor implementation and analyze data, identify needs
• Collaborate with Digi-Bridge’s Program Development Director on implement new pilot programs and providing ideas for new programs identified through student, teacher, or school feedback
• Collaborate with Digi-Bridge’s Development Director for grant reporting, school-based volunteerism, and stewardship campaigns.
• Manage budgets for each program offering
• Develop and lead strategic growth opportunities including program expansion and expanded program offerings
• Establish programmatic, team, and staff goals and track results against these goals
• Steward Digi-Bridge’s relationships with various Charlotte Mecklenburg School Departments (Community Partnerships, Science, Title 1/Family Engagement, etc.)
• Support principal relationships for recruitment, retention, and satisfaction
• Collaborate with funding partners on execution of programming
• Communicate outcomes and data to multiple partners
Digi-Bridge senior leadership team
• Contribute to organization-wide planning (strategic, annual, quarterly) and regular strategic conversations and solutions across on cross-functional issues
• Drive collaboration across all areas of business (programs, operations, partnerships and development)
• Function as a thought leader
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change exiting ones as management deem necessary.
Skills and behaviors we’re looking for:
• A builder – Digi-Bridge is a start-up nonprofit with a huge runway and we need someone who is motivated, excited, and able to test and learn and iterate without boundaries and/or an established playbook
• A people person – You love when you have a hand in helping your employees succeed in their roles. You take the time to get to know your direct reports, are able to provide feedback (positive and constructive) and coaching, can clearly define goals and, projects, and progress and can handle management issues early and often.
• A strategic thinker – You come to work with one eye on your daily tasks with the other eye looking in the future. You can think strategically, set a clear and compelling vision and align your teams to make it happen.
• In relentless pursuit of the mission – You show up every day excited and energized about Digi-Bridge’s mission and vision for the future. You are able to share that passion and inspire others (students, facilitators, principals, donors, volunteers, etc) to take action with you.
• Data fuels you – You take a data-driven approach to problem solving, analysis and excel at driving results to hit program plans and targets
• Organized project manager – You have systems which aid in your execution and prioritization of projects and tasks and you are able to work across teams and people to see a project from start to finish.
Experience and qualifications:
• 5+ years of programming leadership experience
• Education background and/or teaching experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Direct supervision of employees experience required
• Informal STEM program development/management would make for a standout candidate
• Previous experience working in or with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools or a similar educational landscape
• Knowledge of and experience in Charlotte nonprofit landscape
• Demonstrated experience to influence and build relationships at all levels
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff, strong attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to life and/or move up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary range is $60,000-$65,000. Digi-Bridge offers a supplementary stipend of $500/month for benefits in addition to paid, vacation, holidays, and sick leave. Digi-Bridge offers a 401(k) plan with 3% match starting at 6 month anniversary of employment.
Digi-Bridge will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, martial status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity.