Food and Beverage Supervisor
Blumenthal Performing Arts is a nonprofit arts organization managing six theaters in the city center of Charlotte, NC. The Blumenthal hosts the largest Broadway season in the Carolinas, 16 resident companies, including the Charlotte Ballet and Charlotte Symphony Orchestra, and produces its own festivals such as the Charlotte Jazz Festival and Charlotte International Arts Festival. Blumenthal’s mission is to present the best in the performing arts and in partnership with others, share and employ the arts as a major catalyst to strengthen education, build community cohesiveness and advance economic growth.
Under occasional supervision, coordinates and executes bar services, catering, reception and department operations for Blumenthal Performing Arts, ensuring compliance with regulations, policies, procedures and standards of service and cleanliness. The success for the F&B Supervisor is measured by customer and employee satisfaction, as well as the ability to support organizational goals and identify operational efficiencies. This position requires 40+ hours of weekly availability including work at night, on weekends, and holidays.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure the Food & Beverage Staff and Bartenders provide the highest level of customer service
• Performance manage subordinates to ensure completeness and accuracy of their work and offer training, advice, and assistance, as needed
• Document employee performance issues in a timely and accurate manner
• Partner with Director of Food & Beverage to ensure both legal and performance standards are met
• Maintain updated knowledge of state and local ABC laws and regulations and how the laws impact our business and processes
• Maintain at all times high sanitation scores and ensure bartenders and supervisors know and understand as well as execute their responsibilities in this area
• Work with the Director of Food and Beverage to supervise all staff including scheduling
• Responsible for routine and on-going communication with the Director of Food & Beverage in all areas of the Food & Beverage operation
• Perform general administrative and office work, including attending meetings, preparing reports and correspondence, copying and filling documents, entering computer data, etc.
• Develop and implement effective policies and procedures
• Under the direction of the Director of Food & Beverage, meet with internal departments and clients to determine concession, bar, and catering needs for a variety of events and meetings
• Recommend the need for department equipment and supplies
• Ensure the department inventory is properly and accurately maintained
• Arrange product deliveries and/or pick up products, as needed, for events
• Ensure all necessary ‘controls’ are in place to monitor petty cash handling
• Assist in collecting catering commissions; preparing reports on and maintaining sales records in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
• Participate in professional growth and development opportunities to improve performance
• Performs related duties as required
Education and experience:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in hospitality or a related field, supplemented by three years of experience, OR,
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Communication & interpersonal skills
• Customer skills
• Managing multiple priorities
• Time management
• Training and development
• Ability to lift over 50lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time