Director of Annual Giving
Christ Episcopal Church, a parish of 6,000 located three miles from uptown Charlotte, is seeking a full-time (35 hour/week) Director of Annual Giving who will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the year-round financial generosity, including the annual stewardship campaign, and with a specific goal of increasing the total number of givers. The role requires developing and executing strategic initiatives to educate the parish about financial generosity, attract new givers, and enhance the giving experience of current givers, ultimately driving financial growth and sustainability for the church.
The Director of Annual Giving will report to the Director of Generosity and Stewardship and will work closely with other church staff and lay leaders to ensure the success of our financial generosity efforts. Our Generosity Ministry staff is highly collaborative, made up of creative thinkers who can work independently and as part of a cohesive, effective team. We’re looking for a candidate who has a passion for the church’s mission, a gift for building relationships, and the ability to inspire generosity within our community.
• With the Director of Generosity and Stewardship and lay volunteers, develop and execute a strategy aimed at increasing the number of givers and overall financial gifts to the church
• In conjunction with the Director of Generosity and Stewardship, collaborate with church leadership to align financial generosity strategy with the overall mission and vision of the church
• Cultivate relationships with parishioners, both current and future givers, through in-person meetings, Sunday morning connections, and regular communications to foster a strong commitment to the church’s mission and activities
• Plan and coordinate events that engage and educate the congregation about the role of financial generosity in the life of the giver and the church
• Implement a process to acknowledge and appreciate the generosity of our givers, including first-time pledgers, increased givers, and others
• Track and analyze giving data to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and strategies and to inform future planning
• Develop and manage the budget for the financial generosity work within Generosity Ministry, ensuring proper stewardship of resources
• Work closely with the communications team to ensure accurate and effective promotion of financial generosity initiatives, both to educate the parish and to secure pledges to the annual stewardship campaign
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Fundraising, Business Administration, Non-Profit Management, or a related field
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in professional fundraising, preferably focused on annual giving or a similar role
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Demonstrated success in managing an annual campaign and increasing the number of givers
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of the church’s values, mission, and vision and a comfort in speaking about one’s personal faith, particularly regarding generosity
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools as well as database knowledge for use in data tracking and analysis to drive decision-making
• High level of organization and project management skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including 1-2 Sundays mornings per month and occasional evenings
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, disability, retirement, paid holidays, and vacation.