Clutch Kitchen & Pour House in Uptown recently spruced up its downstairs area for Carolina Panthers home games.
The new space will be known as “Overtime Downstairs at Clutch.”
What’s happening: Overtime will be open during every Panthers home game, including tonight’s final preseason game against the Detroit Lions at 8pm.
- The grand opening for Overtime will be Monday, Sept. 18, during the Panthers home opener vs. the Saints.
- The Uptown bar and restaurant is right behind Bank of America Stadium and right next to the team’s practice fields, making it a prime location for people to pregame for Panthers games, stay and watch, and stop by again after the game itself ends, Clutch owner Neel Gandhi tells Axios.
Why it matters: Uptown businesses are competing with those in nearby South End for pregame and postgame foot traffic.
- “Sunday funday — you don’t have to go to South End,” Gandhi says of the atmosphere he hopes to create by adding Overtime.
[Go deeper: Panthers game day: Where to tailgate, park and more]
Details: Overtime will have a day club feel, with five areas for bottle service and the same menu as upstairs. There won’t be a cover charge and you’ll be able to move freely between the upstairs and downstairs areas. Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant at 704-375-7566 or by messaging them on Instagram.
- There will be DJs upstairs and downstairs: DJ Chase Morgan and DJ Jason Holla.
- Families are welcome until kickoff. After the game kicks off, you have to be at least 21 years old to visit Overtime.
- Clutch and Overtime are located at 601 S. Cedar St.
Menu: The menu is divided into a first half and second half (get it?), which includes items like pretzel bits for $10 and wings for $13-$18. There are also burgers starting at $14 and sandwiches starting at $13.
Overtime’s bottle packages are football-themed too:
- A safety package is $325 and includes Tito’s Vodka, Bacardi Rum and a bucket of beer.
- A field goal is $400 and includes Grey Goose Vodka, Patron Silver Tequila and Luc Belaire Rose or champagne.
- A touchdown is $475 and includes Grey Goose Vodka, Patron El Cielo and Luc Belaire Rose or champagne.
Of note: Overtime will be open 4pm- 2am for the Lions game tonight and the home opener against the Saints next month. The kitchen will stay open until midnight and the DJ will start at 5pm.
- For 1pm home games, Overtime will be open 10am-10pm.