SQL / Business Intelligence Developer
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Title: SQL / Business Intelligence Developer – Finance, Legal & Compliance Systems
Business Unit: Global Technology & Data
Location: Charlotte, NC
Barings is a leading global financial services firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients and customers. Through active asset management and direct origination, we provide innovative solutions and access to differentiated opportunities across public and private capital markets. A subsidiary of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with business and investment professionals located across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Barings has an opening in the Global Technology & Data organization for a SQL / Business Intelligence Developer on the Finance, Legal & Compliance Systems team. The ideal candidate would have a strong background using the Microsoft SQL Server and Power Platform suite of products (SSMS, SSRS, Power BI), proven experience using cloud database technologies, as well as high-level business knowledge of investment products and compliance. The candidate will work directly with business partners throughout the development lifecycle, from the requirements gathering stage through post-implementation support. In addition, the candidate will work closely with both on-site and offshore personnel to develop and enhance offerings in our portfolio of products. The position will report to the manager of the Finance, Legal & Compliance Systems team.
The Finance, Legal & Compliance Systems team develops and implements technology-based reporting and software solutions for the Barings corporate functions within the Agile framework. This role requires the ability to approach a request, analyze challenges and possible solutions, and build stable, sustainable products that can be supported globally. Project opportunities include but are not limited to firm-wide reporting structure enhancements, Power BI and paginated report development, software development, and data automation and delivery. Barings has a fast-paced environment, and the team often manages multiple assignments and initiatives simultaneously to meet strategic targets or deadlines.
Technology skill sets and experience required
• Power BI and DAX
• Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2017 and T-SQL skills including custom Functions, Views, Stored Procedures, and Query development
• Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
• Visual Studio, VSTS/DevOps
• Cloud-based database implementations, such as Microsoft Azure
• Test plan development and execution
• Data modeling experience
Technology skill sets desired
• Agile development framework
• Visio / ERD tools
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a systems developer/analyst, preferably in the Financial Services Industry
• Ability to understand complex business subject matter, workflows
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including: executives, managers, IT personnel, and subject matter experts
• Strong sense of urgency and desire to see solutions implemented expediently
Barings offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Core benefits and wellness
• Medical (including Virtual Care), Prescription, Dental, and Vision Coverage
• Fitness Center Reimbursement Program (Including Online Memberships)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Fertility Benefits
• 401(k) Plan w/Company Match
• Pension Plan
• Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – Health Care & Dependent Care
• Retirement Health Reimbursement Account
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
• Spouse and Child Life Insurance
Time off, disability and leave of absence
• Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Annual Holidays
• Paid Leave of Absences (Maternity Leave, Parental Leave, Caregiver Leave, Bereavement Time)
• Short and Long Term Disability Plans
• Paid Volunteer Time
• Education Assistance Program
• Charitable Matching Gifts Program
• Commuter Reimbursement Program
• Adoption and Surrogacy Reimbursement Program
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.