Event Management Contractor
SouthPark Community Partners is an independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to lead SouthPark’s advancement by driving economic vitality, creating memorable experiences, and ensuring an extraordinary quality of life. Learn more at southparkclt.org.
SouthPark Community Partners (SCP) is looking for an events professional to assist with management of the weekly SouthPark After Five event this fall. This person is required to be on site at Symphony Park from 7:30-9:30pm, focusing on the event breakdown and storage of SCP owned materials, including but not limited to signage, banners, tents, and tables.
This is a freelance contract not to exceed 2 hours/week until the end of the project, with the possibility for additional future contract work based on performance and needs. The rate for this contract is $50/hour, with an exact project scope to be determined. The Contractor shall submit invoices on a regular basis to be determined in collaboration with SCP. The contractor will be responsible for all requisite taxes.
About SouthPark After Five:
SouthPark After Five is a neighborhood happy hour and free entertainment series hosted at Symphony Park every Thursday from September 7-October 12, 5-9pm. The event’s inaugural season this spring drew nearly 15,000 attendees, and the event returns this fall with a new lineup of free live music and hands-on art activities. The event is hosted by SouthPark Community Partners and produced by Southern Entertainment.
• 2+ years of event experience
• Availability on all event dates (Thursdays, Sep 7-Oct 12, 7:30-9:30 p.m.)
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Access to reliable transportation and ability to transport some SCP owned materials
• Work with Southern Entertainment and SCP teams to manage on-site events logistics and assist in event breakdown
• Collect all SouthPark After Five signage
• Breakdown entrance display, including signage, tents, and tables
• Assist with safe vendor load out, including art activation partners, food trucks, and sponsor activations
• Communicate with designated SCP team member to confirm breakdown status at end of each event