University Communications Project Coordinator
The purpose of the Project Coordinator position within the Office of University Communications is to provide comprehensive support to the entire unit, encompassing strategic communications, engagement marketing, social media, executive communications, creative services, and crisis communications. The primary objective is to ensure the smooth functioning of the department through efficient coordination and execution of various projects while also handling administrative and budgetary responsibilities.
Administrative and budgetary support
The Project Coordinator will play a vital role in supporting the office’s day-to-day operations. This includes handling administrative tasks, such as organizing meetings, managing calendars, coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining records, and ensuring effective communication within the team. Additionally, the Coordinator will assist in managing the department’s budget, tracking expenses, processing invoices, and maintaining financial records.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in the execution of multiple executive-level projects within the Office of University Communications. This includes coordinating project activities, establishing timelines, monitoring progress, and ensuring adherence to deadlines. The Coordinator will serve as a central point of contact for project stakeholders, facilitating effective communication and collaboration to ensure successful project outcomes.
Engagement marketing coordination
As part of the role, the Project Coordinator will support and coordinate engagement marketing efforts, aiming to enhance the university’s brand awareness and audience engagement. This includes assisting in planning and organizing interviews and shoots, coordinating schedules, liaising with stakeholders, and ensuring a seamless production process. The Coordinator may also support event coordination efforts, including planning and executing university-related events and initiatives.
Required minimum qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from a four-year college or university and at least three years of program associate experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Essential job duties:
• Support the execution of multiple executive-level projects
• Assist in financial management and budgeting
• Organize meetings and manage calendars
Other work responsibilities:
• Support the office’s day-to-day operations
• Serve as a liaison and point of contact
• Provide general administrative support
Experience, skills, training and education:
• Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with budget management, reconciliations, purchasing, processing invoices and reimbursements is highly desired
• Ability to be flexible and work effectively while coordinating multiple priorities and projects in a multifaceted office environment
• Strong organizational, project management and office management skills
• High level of attention to detail is essential
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite