Director of Membership
At The Grove, our membership experience is the backbone of our business and it is our people that shape each and every interaction.. The mission of The Grove, support and empower young families, drives the daily and long term details. We want members to walk away impressed time and time again, always feeling comfortable and safe. We firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
The Director of Membership is responsible for the processes and initiatives required to generate, maintain, and grow Membership at The Grove. They are in large part the face of the club for Members, on hand for their feedback and thoughts, as well as boots on the ground preserving club rules and conduct. They take an active role in Members’ events and the community at large.
The Grove Membership Director is the first point of contact for any and all Member issues, concerns and requests. They go above and beyond to ensure Grove Members are met with unreasonable hospitality from the team as a whole.
This position will report directly to the CVO, and work collaboratively with the GM and Director of Programming for all operational, scheduling, staffing, and strategic initiatives.
Grove Opening Membership Plan
• Together with the CVO, The Membership Director will meet with Committee Members and review and send The Grove founding class invitations.
• The Membership Director is responsible for tracking nominations, applications and overall Membership working towards opening and long term goals.
• The Membership Director ensures that Member communication is effective and consistent
• The Membership Director with support from the Club Counselor is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the Membership Events Calendar
• The Membership Director, while exercising maturity, sound judgment and discretion, evaluates Member disciplinary action and carries out the action
• The Membership Director of The Grove will issue weekly and monthly reports to Grove GM and CVO on the state of Membership-inclusive of acquisition, retention, attrition, waitlist and revocations
• The Membership Director will organize nominations to present to Committee Members and meet with any prospective Member when it is necessary
• The Membership Director will host (4) quarterly Grove Committee meetings and meet with committee Members individually should they not be able to attend.
• Oversee Membership Committee and change after time served or as response to club needs
• Advise owners on pricing increases and value proposition of Membership
• The Membership Director manages the backend technology responsible for membership at The Grove via software Peoplevine
• Create all Member Collateral with Marketing Team
• Create, promote, and staff all Member Events & Activations
• Manage Member waitlist
• Oversee and attend New Member Cocktails or Dinners
• Membership Director & Membership Counselor to be the first point of contact for Member Concierge Requests
• Serve as voice of Members to the owners
Suggested skills and requirements:
• A natural entrepreneur, maître d spirit, and community leader
• Experience with CRM, data entry or database management
• Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
• Adaptable in various situations
• Passionate about The Grove and upholding its standards and core ethos.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships (internal/external) as well as highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
Why work with us:
The Grove offers competitive compensation packages that incentivize employees to see The Grove success as their own. It’s not about improving work life balance, the Grove encourages employees to prioritize work responsibilities in a manner that makes sense for themselves and their families.
• Competitive Compensation
• Health Care
• Flexible Time Off
• Career Development
• Partner Perks