The Audiologist provides diagnostic and rehabilitation services which help increase CEENTA patients’ overall quality of life through the sense of hearing.
• Ability to perform diagnostic Audiology procedures including, comprehensive audiometric evaluations, speech audiometry, tympanometry, acoustic reflexes, acoustic reflex decay, otoacoustic emissions, visual reinforcement audiometry, for patient age ranges from pediatrics to senior populations
• Providing appropriate recommendations and counseling regarding hearing rehabilitation of amplification devices/accessories and assistive listening devices
• Providing on-going patient services in the maintenance, programming and repairing of amplification devices/accessories and assistive listening devices
• Ability to provide appropriate referrals, especially ENT providers, Cochlear Implant and Pediatric Specialties
• Ability to have a working relationship with outside referral organizations and third-party payers
• Ability to maintain and complete all appropriate documentation within Epic and required clinical forms
• Ability to work closely with all CEENTA providers and staff members to create a rewarding patient experience
• Ability to provide guidance in the daily responsibilities of the Audiology Assistant, if applicable
• May be a member of the Cochlear Implant Specialty team to perform appropriate Cochlear Implant appointments and equipment maintenance
• May be a member of the Pediatric Specialty team to perform appropriate Pediatric appointments, amplification device maintenance and Pediatric Sleep-deprived ABRs
• May be a member of the Evoked Potential Specialty to perform VNG/ENGs, ABRs and Ecog testing
• Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the position
• The ability to work on-site
• Predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance
Skills and abilities:
• Knowledge and ability to use Noah
• Proficient in Epic
• Ability to use Microsoft Word and Teams
• Ability to communicate professionally (written and verbal)
• Core Competencies
• Active learner
• Attention to detail
• Building patient loyalty
• Effective communicator
• Patient Focused
• Ability to operate appropriate Audiology Equipment to perform diagnostic Audiology procedures
• Staying adverse in the advancements with software and of amplification devices/accessories and assistive listening devices
The training period will cover training with Epic, CEENTA’s policies and procedures and hearing aid manufacture software and devices. Depending on training availability, training will be approximately one month.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
The Audiologist with provide specialized diagnostic hearing testing and hearing rehabilitation to enhance the quality of life for CEENTA’s patient population.
Masters in Audiology or preferred Au.D.
Required clinical experience for obtaining Masters in Audiology or Au.D.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
• North Carolina/South Carolina Audiology License
• ASHA Clinical Competency Certification preferred
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Audiologist reports to the Director, Audiology and Imaging. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Full-time status, Monday-Friday 40 hours per week.
Physical, mental and other requirements:
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to spend approximately 20% of the workday standing and walking with guiding patients to and from waiting areas and doctor exam rooms and standing while using the Audiology lab area
• Ability to spend approximately 80% of the workday sitting for periods of time while in patient appointments and completing admin work
• Ability to occasionally provide help transporting patients in wheelchairs to appropriate Audiology areas with the ability to push at least 140 lbs.
• Ability to problem solve and provide appropriate recommendations for patient care
• Ability to be flexible while maintaining a provider’s schedule
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to have sensitivity and discretion while providing hearing services to patients
• Ability to always maintain a professional demeanor
• Active & Current Driver’s license
• Clean driving record
• Consistent and Reliable Transportation
• Polite and professional disposition
Ability to travel to different CEENTA’s clinical sites when needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition to those essential functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned.
CEENTA retains the discretion to ad or change the essential job functions of this position at any time without notice.
A typical day in the position:
Using the Epic Audiology schedule for a daily reference, the Audiologist completes scheduled patient appointments. These appointments consist of a rotating mixture of diagnostic testing and providing rehabilitation services throughout the day. The Audiologist also maintains needed daily responsibilities as setting up for needed appointments, answering emails/voicemails, completing amplification duties and completing additional unscheduled appointments when needed.
The Company bases all applicant and employee employment decisions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, sex, uniform service, veteran status, protected disability, and any other category protected under federal or state law. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to employment including, but not limited to recruitment, placement, employee training and development, promotion, benefits, compensation, leaves of absence, position elimination, layoff, recall, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. The Company opposes racial injustice and racial inequality. We strive to provide a diverse workplace wherever employee’s background and experiences are important and bring value to us as an organization. Employees should bring any violations of this policy to the attention of Human Resources.
The South Carolina Pregnancy Accommodation Act protects individuals from employment discrimination for medical needs arising from pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. The Act, which amended the South Carolina Human Affairs Law, also requires that employers provide reasonable accommodations for medical needs arising from pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. Should you have any questions, please contact Human Resources.
Accessibility Accommodation Statement Charlotte Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Associates is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is the Company’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such an individual’s disability. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected].