Digi-Bridge sparks interest and passion in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) learning, ensuring students have the opportunities and skills to succeed in a rapidly-changing world by fostering curiosity, creativity, exploration, persistence, and resilience. Since 201, Digi-Bridge has been providing K-8 scholars throughout Mecklenburg County with STEAM learning experience serving more than 15,000 students and forty partner schools.
The Program Manager will join the program team led by the School Program Director and composed of additional Program Managers to lead specific Digi-Bridge STEAM programs. This position will be responsible for the following outcomes:
• Program/project management of Digi-Bridge’s STEAMLab program at Title 1 schools (6-8 total)
• Program staff satisfaction
• Replicable operations within programs
• Supporting programmatic growth and expansion outlines in our adopted strategic plan
Digi-Bridge’s newest Program Manager will oversee the following programs:
• Environmental Sustainability Cohort Program
This position will require in-person work at various locations and many functions may not be performed remotely. There is flexibility within the work week for at least 1 day remote. This position reports to the Program Director. Due to the out-of-school-time nature of our programs, frequent non-traditional hours may be required of you for program implementation and observations including some evening and/or weekend commitments.
Program and project management
• Oversee strategy and operations to drive mission-relevant results across specific Digi-Bridge school-based programs
• Train, lead, support, and coach a core team of Digi-Bridge school-based program facilitators across multiple sites
• Assist with school-based initiatives that support our programming including family events, STEAM activities, etc.
• Maintain and track budgets across program offerings
• Oversee evaluation implementation across programs and program sites and report on program progress to directors
• Liaise with Digi-Bridge Program Development team on continuous improvement processes and expanded opportunities within programs
• Direct special projects within current programming with a keen eye for detail in setting deadlines, assigning tasks, and communicating progress
• Evaluate challenge and create solutions for program effectiveness in partnership with school teams
• Delegate program operation need utilizing internal systems to the operations team
• Create long lasting and goal-centered relationships with school-based program facilitators to ensure a community of support
• Inspire energy, passion, and excitement for the Digi-Bridge mission across program facilitator teams
• Utilize clear and consistent communication methods for information sharing from Digi-Bridge to school-based teams
• Build relationships with other community partners and school-based staff
• Promote and increase participation and awareness of Digi-Bridge by developing relationships in the school and neighborhood communities
• Serve as the face of Digi-Bridge within school communities and for key stakeholders and be able to communicate program goals and progress to goals
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change exiting ones as management deem necessary.
Experience and skills necessary:
• At least two (2) years of program leadership, preferably in an educational setting
• Background in education and/or teaching experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree
• Bilingual skills preferred though not required
• Knowledge of or previous experience working in and with Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools or a similar educational landscape
• Demonstrated experience to influence and build relationships
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff, strong attention to detail
Skills and behaviors:
• Deeply relational: Building and stewarding relationships is core to who you are as an individual. You are able to communicate and motivate school teams to pursue our programmatic goals. You care about the people behind the programs and know that when they are successful, your programs are successful
• A builder: Digi-Bridge takes an innovative approach to education. We need someone who is motivated, excited, and able to test learn and iterate without boundaries or an established playbook
• Detail-oriented: No detail is too small in your eyes. You have systems which aid in your execution and prioritization of projects and tasks and you are able to work across teams and people to see a project from start to finish
• In relentless pursuit of our mission: You show up every day excited and energized about Digi-Bridge’s mission and vision for the future. You are able to share that passion and inspire others (students, facilitators, principals, donors, volunteers, etc.) to take action with you
• Data fuels you: You take a data-driven approach to problem solving, analysis, and excel at driving results to hit program plans and targets
• A fast Learner: What you don’t know, you spend time on to learn. You seek resources and opportunities to further develop your knowledge and skills in STEAM education to provide the best programs possible
• Adaptability is key: In a startup nonprofit, the ability to stay flexible and adaptable to changes in the work environment, program outline, etc. is critical. Our program managers approach change, disruption, delays, or pivots with an open mind and eye for solutions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to life and/or move up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time exempt salaried position. Digi-Bridge offers a supplementary stipend of $500/month for benefits in addition to paid, vacation, holidays, and sick leave. Digi-Bridge offers a 401(k) plan with 3% match starting at 6 month anniversary of employment.
Digi-Bridge will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, martial status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity.