Operations Coordinator (Part-time)
Digi-Bridge sparks interest and passion in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) learning, ensuring students have the opportunities and skills to succeed in a rapidly-changing world by fostering curiosity, creativity, exploration, persistence, and resilience. Since 2015 Digi-Bridge has been providing K-8 scholars throughout Mecklenburg County with STEAM learning experience serving more than 15,000 students and forty partner schools.
The Operations Coordinator will join the Operations team led by the Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for the following:
• Materials Management
• Inventory Management
• Volunteering Event Planning and Execution Support
This position will require in-person work at Digi-Bridge’s main office location and many functions may not be performed remotely. There is flexibility to do certain tasks remotely. This position reports to the Operations Manager. The schedule can be flexible based on your availability.
Program materials management
• Lead the process of sourcing and ordering all materials through a variety of vendors
• Maintain supply budget spreadsheets to ensure cost savings
• Receive orders and packages and organize flow of deliveries
• Package all Digi-Bridge curriculum experiences including Digi-Bins, Robotics Kits, etc.
• Create a pick-up/delivery schedule in coordinator with Program Managers to ensure supplies are accounted for during programming season
• Assist with delivery of curriculum bins to schools
• Create and manager communications system with staff to inform on supplies inventory
• Anticipate supply needs during increased usage times
• Manage Digi-Bridge on-site inventory ranging from robotics kits, computers, Digi-Bin curriculum bins, and more
• Keep materials organized for efficiency
• Create and maintain systems for organization of supplies
Volunteer event support:
• Determine volunteer needs for supplies organization, kit development based on program schedules
• Assist with volunteering events with emphasis on material management and logistics support
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change exiting ones as management deem necessary.
Experience and skills necessary:
• At least 2 years working in a professional setting
• Experience in education, youth programs, or curriculum development preferred but not required
• Experience working with set budgets required
• Excellent organization skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff, strong attention to detail
Skills and behaviors:
• Extremely organized: You thrive by making things as organized as possible. You have systems to keep track of items and can communicate your systems to others so things work efficiently and smoothly
• Detail-oriented: No detail is too small in your eyes. You have systems which aid in your execution and prioritization of projects and tasks and you are able to work across teams and people to see a project from start to finish
• In relentless pursuit of our mission: You show up every day excited and energized about Digi-Bridge’s mission and vision for the future. You are able to share that passion and inspire others (students, facilitators, principals, donors, volunteers, etc.) to take action with you
• Data fuels you: You take a data-driven approach to problem-solving, analysis, and excel at driving results to hit plans and targets
• A fast learner: What you don’t know, you spend time on to learn. You seek resources and opportunities to further develop your knowledge and skills
• Adaptability is key: In a startup nonprofit, the ability to stay flexible and adaptable to changes in the work environment, program outline, etc. is critical. Our teammates approach change, disruption, delays, or pivots with an open mind and eye for solutions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to life and/or move up to 50 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
Compensation and benefits
This is a part-time, year-round position estimated at 20 hours/week. There is a potential for there to be an increase of hours during busy weeks and those will be planned in advance.
Digi-Bridge will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, martial status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity.