New dispensary Seed to Soul aims to offer a high-end cannabis shopping experience in Montclaire South.
Driving the news: Seed to Soul opened in early July at 624 Tyvola Road.
Why it matters: The new shop was designed to provide an elevated atmosphere and products for customers looking for a dispensary similar to ones you’d find in states where recreational marijuana is legal, according to Seed to Soul owner Suhail Thaker.
- Thaker, a Los Angeles native, tells Axios he wanted to open a West Coast-inspired dispensary in a growing city like Charlotte.
- “After thirteen years in the business, I’m able to identify what’s missing and incorporate that here,” Thaker says.
Between the lines: The new 2,800-square-foot space aims to provide a comfortable shopping vibe.
- Portions of the store display featured “fast-acting” products like cannabis-infused beverages — from cocktails to teas — for consumers looking for immediate effects. Eventually, they will also offer infused coffee.
- “We want people to feel relaxed and euphoric when they shop with us, so occasionally we offer complimentary Delta-9 infused sample shots,” Thaker says.
Inventory: The shop sells a range of legal cannabis options including Delta-8, Delta-9 and CBD from Denver, along with a list of desired effects people can expect from each product.
- Other products include flowers, vapes, edibles, mushrooms, dabs, candy, pre-rolls, gummies, fast-acting syrups and disposable vapes.
- “Healing is the new high, so we wanted to offer products that specifically list out effects on packaging for those people looking for specific results,” Thaker says.
Details: Seed to Soul is open seven days a week.
- Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 10am-8:30pm, Friday and Saturday 10am-9pm and Sunday 11am-7pm.
Take a look around.