Best Impressions Caterers is a Charlotte, NC catering firm founded in 1989. It operates as four distinct catering divisions: Best Impressions Caterers, Byron’s South End, The Terrace at Cedar Hill and The Grill & Picnic Company. Housed in a state-of-the art 24,000 sq. ft. facility, the production kitchen and offices located in the heart of South End routinely handle several hundred events or more per month. Best Impressions Caterers provides culinary services for a wide range of discerning corporate, philanthropic and social clients. The events team at Best Impressions has become known and trusted as the area’s premier upscale special events caterer. Years of experience handling large-scale events with the care and precision of a fine dining restaurant provides a culinary experience second to none.
About the role:
As Best Impressions Caterers, we are seeking a recruiter with a background in Campus Recruitment to join our expanding team! Before we get into the job responsibilities, let me first give you some context to the target candidates you would be seeking and the positions you would be filling.
We are looking for someone to take on the field search for Event Staff Team Members and Bartenders, meaning our staff that is part or full time, pick their own schedule, and only work our shifts at weddings and events. At these events, they will complete the tasks necessary to ensure a successful and smooth event, such as, serving guests, setting up venues, monitoring buffets, etc. Although this is one of many positions in the company, this is and always has been our biggest need.
We have a tremendous number of great staff members, but the business is expanding, which is why we need to add someone to our team that will be 100% focused on increasing our staff numbers for this role. Historically, we have found some of our best staff members on college campuses or by meeting them at job fairs and other events throughout the city. Your job would revolve around being the face of the company by finding these individuals through in-person recruitment methods and conducting their full-cycle recruitment.
• Strategize and create weekly, monthly, etc. plans and goals for in-person recruitment efforts
• Identify great vs. bad talent by having a strong understanding of what the job would entail and successfully relay these expectations to candidates
• Actively recruit in the field (campuses, job fairs, community events, various organizations, tabling, etc.)
• Connect and maintain relationships with universities, community organizations, recruitment networks, etc.
• Source talented candidates through a variety of means
• Conduct full-cycle recruitment for candidates: Preparing, Sourcing, Screening, Selecting, Hiring, and Onboarding
• Meet weekly with our HR team as we update each other on our newest hires, sharing each individual’s availability and other important information needed for the rest of the team to put them on the schedule and retain the employee
• Find new connections and identify new methods to tackling our recruitment needs! (We are seeking someone with new and fresh ideas that isn’t afraid to speak up or try something new)
• Assess company needs alongside the HR team in order to create a plan that meets staffing needs
• Background as a Campus Recruiter
• Background in field and/or in-person recruiting
• 1+ years of recruiting experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or, equivalent years of relevant work experience
• 1+ years of experience in applicant tracking and keeping up with multiple candidates at a time
• Ability to make personal connections and keep up with candidates and partner organizations/schools
• Ability to interact, in a professional manner with applicants and other associates
• Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and driven individual, willing to come up with new ideas and try new strategies! We want someone that will come in and hit the ground running
• Strong organizational skills
Pay and benefits:
• Salary will be discussed on a one-on-one basis and determined based on professional experience and character fit
• Schedule will be mainly Monday through Friday, but is able to be adjusted based on your recruitment strategies, community events occurring, company need, etc. • However, the intention is for this person to be working 40 hours per week
• Medical, Vision, and Dental
• 8 paid holidays
• PTO accumulated on a weekly basis
• 401k after a year
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Employee Discount for Table and Twine (Meal Service)