InReach is a non-profit that provides a wide variety of services and support to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and are looking for staff who are willing to make a difference in the lives of others. We are proud of our company culture and our inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and succeed in meaningful work.
Our agency is growing very quickly, which allows for more opportunity for career growth. We have 4 administrative offices, located in Charlotte, Concord, and Monroe and have a full list of our open positions on www.inreachnc.org
InReach is looking to hire a Staff Accountant. We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Staff Accountant! This role has the opportunity to work a hybrid schedule, 3 days remote and 2 days in the office in Charlotte, North Carolina. This role works alongside other Finance professionals and reports directly to the Controller. In this role, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and reconciling accounts, post transactions, assist with payroll functions, and prepare reports.
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (37.5 hours/week) with hybrid schedule option.
$55,000-$60,000 per year depending on experience.
This position is partially remote and in-office. Office location is 4530 Park Road Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28209
• Prepare and analyze accounting records
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and bank accounts
• Prepare journal entries
• Reconcile Group Home credit card statements, petty cash, and gas accounts
• Maintain Clients’ accounts
• Support payroll functions
• Process invoices and checks for Clients using specialized software
• Reconcile transactions
• Protect operations
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Preferred, 2-year Associate’s Degree in Accounting acceptable with relevant experience
• 2 years of experience in general accounting and accounting systems
• Effective teamwork and trust-building to connect with staff across all layers of the organization
• Previously demonstrated knowledge of accounting software systems
• Proficiency in Excel
What we offer:
• Competitive wages
• Flexible scheduling
• Paid onboarding and training
• Benefit plan package including Medical, Vision, HRA Plan, 401(K) match, PTO
• Public Student Loan Forgiveness program
• Partnership discounts with local businesses
• Continuing education perks