Fan Shop Supervisor
In this role, you are responsible for ensuring an excellent guest experience in our Fan Shop. You will do this by maintaining high service standards and resolving any emerging problems that our guests might face with accuracy and efficiency.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Opening and closing the Hornets Fan Shop as scheduled
• Maintain a clean and well organized sales floor
• Replenish Fan Shop with new stock daily
• Attract potential customers by answering product questions and suggesting information about other products
• Work with Retail Warehouse Manager to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained at the Fan Shop
• Maintain guest experience standards as set by Hornets Sports & Entertainment
• Help with retail operations during concerts and non-basketball events at the Spectrum Center as needed
• Create and maintain highly visual retail displays
• Perform daily bank deposit and credit card reconciliation functions
• Supervise part-time associates at the Hornets Fan Shop
• Conduct annual inventory
• Train employees on the POS system and RetailPro
• Maintain employee dress code and conduct standards
• Ensure company assets are maintained and secured
• Other duties as assigned
Required skills, experience, and abilities:
To perform the job successfully, you should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this job.
• High school degree
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• 1-2 years of experience in retail environment
• Experience with Point-Of-Sale software, such as Retail Pro
• Experience in an arena environment or a professional/collegiate sports atmosphere
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends
• Able to stand for long periods of time and lift, up to, 50 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All requests for medical or religious accommodations to perform the stated job duties will be considered.