Project Coordinator for University Events
The Project Coordinator provides support to the Executive Director of University Events and the entire University Events team. This position is responsible for managing administrative and budgetary tasks, project coordination and management. The project coordinator manages and assists with event deliverables including mailing lists, invitations, event reservations, and event calendar. This position will serve as the primary contact for internal and external administrative and business requests, and remain current on all University Events projects and business practices.
Required minimum qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
University preferred qualifications:
Graduation from a four-year college or university and at least three years of program associate experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This position provides project management and administrative support to the Executive Director of University Events and the entire University Events teams. The Project Coordinator for University Events is responsible for managing the administrative operations, budget and financial processes for the department. This position is also responsible for providing the support needed to manage event deliverables and coordinate projects for the department.
Summary of responsibilities:
• Work with the entire Events team to establish internal project management procedures and policies; including tracking and reporting on the progress of projects
• Assist with the coordination and execution of events, including events hosted by the Chancellor and Commencement. Be available as backup for event managers, if needed
• Manage and maintain the Executive Director’s calendar, including scheduling and coordination of logistics for meetings
• Responsible for budget management, including processing and tracking expenditures; purchasing; maintaining and reconciling transaction journals
• Coordinate event deliverables such as mailing lists, invitations, event reservations, and event calendar
• Serve as primary contact for internal and external administrative and business requests
• Manage event data and update contact information
• Understands the goals and priorities of the department, division and University
Experience, skills, training and education:
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in office management, event coordination, project management, or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Experience working in a University setting is preferred
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
• Ability to work evening and weekend hours