Senior User Experience Designer (Expired)
THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
Established in 2005 and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, SnapAV is a manufacturer and exclusive source of more than 2,000 audio, video, surveillance and networking products for the residential and commercial integration market. For six years running, SnapAV has been named to the prestigious Inc. 500|5000, a list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in America. In addition to its Charlotte headquarters, SnapAV has operations in, Dallas, Fresno, Thousand Oaks and Taipei, with over 250 employees internationally.
- Impact: It’s your hard work – own it. Demonstrate a bias for action and avoid analysis paralysis. Be responsible for your mistakes and accountable for the results. Do the hard rights – not the easy wrongs.
- Humility: Don’t be a jerk! Show respect for your peers and focus on the common good. Recognize your own limitations and value the perspectives of others.
- Passion: Start a fire! Let your excitement, enthusiasm, and positivity set you ablaze, then watch how that enthusiasm spreads. If you’ve got fire in your belly, let it out – others are ready to feel the burn.
- Curiosity: Chances are that you don’t know everything – and that’s ok! Go ahead and ask those “What ifs” and “Why nots” – that’s how you create “Holy cows!” and “Wows!” Pull the thread and see what you unravel.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, manages and budgets in an efficient manner. Able to focus on key priorities without direction.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Persistent/Dependable: Demonstrates tenacity and ability to overcome obstacles. Can be relied upon to get the job done with minimal supervision
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and effectively collaborates. Establishes positive team environments that are results oriented.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly understand and absorb new information.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
The Senior User Experience Designer will report to the Chief Information Officer and will be responsible for creating amazing user experiences. The primary focus of this position will be defining systems of engagement and making our products and services easy for customer use. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Develops and applies software design and provides leadership on user design considerations
- Collaborate with software engineering and product teams to define and implement innovative solutions relating to visuals and user experience
- Develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation, and task and objective analyses
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems, graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction
- Creates, evaluates and modifies prototypes to support evolving software application development
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design and/or 5 + years related experience
- 2 + years working in mobile and desktop environment
- Experience developing and conducting customer field research
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in visual design and wire-framing tools (Balsamiq, Lucid Charts or similar)
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Understands user design methodology such as the Gestalt Principals
SnapAV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.