Program Director of Art Integration & Visual Art: Morrison YMCA
This position will work closely with our Preschool (ages 2-5), Afterschool (grades K-5), Y Kids (ages 0-12) and Summer Camp (ages 2-12) Departments. The Program Director will be responsible for writing and implementing arts-integrated curriculum for all departments, as well as teaching, training and coaching fellow staff members.
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Program Director serves as the leader of the Morrison Family Branch and is responsible for the administration, operation, supervision, budgeting and leadership development of all his/her designated program areas. These areas include: Arts Integration & Visual Arts. He/she is responsible for all branch revenue, expense, quality, and retention goals as well as overseeing a professional well-trained service team that offers members consistent, exceptional customer service.
• Supervise the development, implementation, and evaluation of departmental goals for all departments (as determined) that will reflect branch and association goals
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise, develop and recognize all team members and volunteers involved with related programs
• Work with the Association Marketing department to implement a marketing plan for all responsibility areas
• Represent the YMCA and maintain appropriate relationships with area organizations and community leaders
• Maintain adequate records to evaluate control and measure the effectiveness or assigned areas of responsibilities
• Assess, develop, and implement new program opportunities for the branch and community
• Manage the development, implementation, and monitoring of departmental budgets to achieve branch fiscal goals
• Serve on Association Y projects and teams to further grow programs and other association initiatives
• Be a team player by supporting the goals and objectives of all departments
• Ensure team is appropriately trained and emphasize excellent member satisfaction
• Develop, promote, and monitor all programs, activities and special events to grow membership
• Provide active overarching leadership, support, and training to membership and fitness team for effective fitness programming and increase member involvement
• Actively support and participate in the YMCA Annual Campaign and special events
• Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
• Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Four-year college degree from an accredited college
• Two years or more experience in YMCA or related area, with three years of proven experience in supervision
• Must have strong communication skills, a professional demeanor and possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• A well-developed understanding of the roles, responsibilities and organization of staff and volunteers, with proven expertise in building and sustaining collaborations within surrounding communities
• Proven experience in budget development, fiscal management, and expense control
• Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and accurately complete assignments in a timely manner
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management (TIMSS)
• Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift and/or assist children up to 50 pounds in weight
• Must be able to lift and carry supplies weighing up to 50 pounds
• Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time
• Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, walking, pushing, pulling
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate
• Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency