Sol Delish, a new soul food restaurant, will open in University City on July 26 with customizable turkey wings, mimosa flights and an outdoor patio.
“We wanted to open this in a less saturated area, like South End, so people don’t feel like they have to travel into to city every time they’re considering a sit-down restaurant,” co-owner Brice Latell said.
Why it matters: Although large development projects are sprouting up in the area, signifying rapid growth, there are few locally-owned dining options in University City compared to other neighborhoods in Charlotte.
- The restaurant has indoor seating for up to 38 people and seating on the patio for about 18 people.
- Brice says he hopes it becomes a destination for college students looking for meals outside of campus and he says he plans to offer discounts for students.
Menu: Sol Delish will serve brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Signature dishes include customizable turkey wings, instead of chicken wings, with flavors like lemon pepper and jerk.
- Plus, it’ll also offer seafood favorites like shrimp and grits, lobster and shrimp mac and cheese.
- Drink options include mimosas flights, plus specialty cocktails — like their “Soul Punch” which is their version of a Long Island, topped with champagne.
- Eventually, they’ll expand their menu to include items like daily specialty cakes for dessert.
What’s next: Brice hopes to expand Sol Delish to two more locations within the next few years. Specifically, he’s looking at Huntersville or Pineville.