Produced in partnership with Midtown Tavern.
Great food, prime location and low prices: Think no Charlotte restaurant has all three? Enter, Midtown Tavern.
If you’re not familiar with Midtown Tavern, it might be because the locally-owned restaurant and bar opened quietly in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, offering takeout only.
Flash forward: Today, the Uptown-adjacent space is open to guests and it’s definitely worth a spot in your rotation, especially during the season of outdoor concerts and sporting events.
We made our way to Midtown Tavern to get the full experience. Here’s a look at everything we tried.
What to expect: Classic, American cuisine. The entire menu is homemade, so even the traditional bar fare has a fresh, unique taste.
- To eat, we tried a swath of Midtown Tavern’s best-selling appetizers and entrees.
With two bars, Midtown Tavern has the drinks covered. Choose from a selection of specialty cocktails, local beers and wines.
If you’re into deal hunting, you’ll want to bookmark Midtown Tavern’s daily drink specials:
- Monday: 50% off all wine and $5 select whiskey.
- Tuesday: $5 select vodka. Also, kids eat free.
- Wednesday: $2 off all North Carolina beers.
- Thursday: $6 mixed drinks.
- Friday: $5 light bites and cocktails.
- Saturday: No deals, but there is a DJ.
- Sunday: $2 mimosas; $5 Bloody Marys.
The address is 1500 East 3rd Street, just outside Uptown’s radius.
- What’s in it for you: It’s less than two miles from Uptown, making it a great place to stop before or after concerts and sporting events.
The deets: There’s a roomy indoor area, complete with booths and a large bar, plus two patios.
- One of the patios is completely covered, and the other has tables with umbrellas and a lounge area that connects to an indoor/outdoor bar.
- The restaurant has room to spread out. It’s a great place for large gatherings or parties, which you can reserve by calling ahead.