Associate Project Coordinator
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Director of Corporate Engagement and the Director of Economic Development, including but not limited to, overseeing all business and financial functions, scheduling, and program planning. This position will be responsible for office management, budget management, purchasing, processing travel, meeting scheduling and preparation, technological communications, and data systems management. The incumbent will also serve as a first point of contact for the Office of External Relations & Partnerships and provide administrative support for the department as needed.
Minimum Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
University preferred qualifications:
Graduation from a four-year college or university and two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential job duties:
• Coordinate multiple calendars including scheduled meetings and appointments with internal and external leaders
• Prepares participant materials, organizes campus tours; coordinating meetings spaces, arranging catering
• Execute events with high-profile internal and external leaders
• Manage contact information with updating records and tracking communications
• Reconcile Pcards, enter purchase orders in 49er Mart, prepare travel paperwork and reimbursements
• Manage departmental budget, expenditures, and maintain transaction journals
• Direct access to, or responsibility for, cash and credit card information, University property disbursements or receipts, and extensive authority for committing the financial resources of the University
• Direct responsibility for secure handling of sensitive and/or confidential information
• Understands the department’s mission and University policies and procedures and communicates with diverse constituencies
Other work responsibilities:
Completes various other administrative tasks as assigned.
Departmental preferred experience, skills, training and education:
• Bachelor’s degree and one year of related work experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions
• Excellent communication skills along with the ability to analyze problems and work details to successful conclusions
• Ability to be flexible in a multifaceted work environment
• Experience and demonstrated ability to use Google Workspace
• Experience reconciling budgets
• Experience planning meetings, events, and/or conferences
• Experience with Banner products, purchasing to include P-Card transactions, travel, Kronos, and personnel procedures