You can now get your hands on vintage items you’d typically find at the popular monthly Charlotte Vintage Market regularly at Locker Room CLT in Chantilly.
Locker Room, located at 2101 Shenandoah Ave, opened July 8.
What’s happening: Matt Alexander, the owner of Charlotte Vintage Market, opened his first storefront to meet the local demand of vintage shoppers.
- Customers have flocked to the market over the last two years when it’d take at like Suffolk Punch and Optimist Hall.
- The monthly retail experience, consisting of dozens of local small-owned businesses, had to expand to larger spaces like Truist Field and the Spectrum Center to accommodate more shoppers. At recent events, shoppers could score a ticket to a game and get access to the market all for one price.
Why it matters: Locker Room, a popular brand that Alexander started, has gained traction with prominent locals who also appreciate sports memorabilia.
- Up-and-coming local rapper Rueben Vincent, Lute, Panthers and Hornets players have either shopped at Locker Room or sported themselves in its vintage finds.
“It’s been amazing working with people who are ingrained in the community and watching them wear pieces from the market or Locker Room,” Alexander said.
Inventory: The new shop will primarily sell North Carolina sports apparel from the 80s and 90s.
- It’ll also feature accessories including vintage sports wall decor, license plates, hats, and occasionally shoes.
- A special collection in the back of the store will feature 70s to 80s NBA game-worn shorts and jerseys.
Bonus: Similar to the places like Plato’s Closet or Uptown Cheapskate, Locker Room offers collectors of vintage items the option to sell or trade their items in the store.
What’s next: Charlotte Vintage Market will continue to do two to three monthly pops around the city — but Alexander hopes Locker Room will provide an opportunity for people looking to shop throughout the year.
- Locker Room will be open Monday through Saturday 12-7pm and Sunday 1-6pm.