National Partnerships Manager
About Heart Math Tutoring: Our nation and children are missing out on significant potential when just 35% of fourth graders in the U.S. meet grade level expectations in math (2022 NAEP). Tutoring has been proven to have significant, positive effects on student outcomes in recent, rigorous studies, but few programs exist focused on elementary math. Heart Math Tutoring (“HMT” or “Heart”) is a nonprofit based in Charlotte, NC with a mission of ensuring all elementary students develop the strong foundation in math and enthusiasm for academics needed for long-term success. HMT gives young students successful experiences in math through 1:1 tutoring during the school day, delivered by supervised volunteers. Since 2013, Heart Math Tutoring has grown to support 1,200+ students across 28 schools in Charlotte, NC and Charleston, SC while maintaining high-quality student outcomes. Over time, we envision HMT to have a national presence in cities across the U.S. supporting thousands more students. Read more at www.heartmathtutoring.org.
The National Partnerships Manager will be a key member of the team leading HMT’s efforts to share its program with other cities. This includes recruiting and supporting new regions, further developing Heart’s growth strategy, and helping to secure financial resources to implement the strategy. Reporting to the Executive Director of National Partnerships, with “dotted line” responsibilities to the Development team, the National Partnerships Manager’s responsibilities will span development, marketing, board management, and program support tasks.
Fund development and marketing assistance in new regions
• Preparing marketing materials for regions outside of Charlotte – flyers, e-newsletters, slides
• Grant prospecting and grant writing responsibilities
• Donor prospecting research, preparing meeting materials
• Project management of donor communications and mailings
• Oversee donor acknowledgments process
Research and relationship development in new regions
• Research potential partners and local champions
• Assist in preparing for and documenting external outreach
• Engage in external outreach for assigned accounts
Board management in new regions
• Assist in preparing reports and logistics for local advisory board meetings
• Manage board calendars
• Document and support outreach completed by Board/Committee members
Program support in new regions
• Assist local staff with program-related items – e.g. data collection, Assessment administration, site visits, events
• Provide drafting, copyediting, and proofreading support to local staff with tutor communications
Experience and background:
The ideal candidate exhibits Heart Math Tutoring’s core values – student centered, precision and professionalism, growth mindset, gratitude, and civic engagement. Additionally, the ideal candidate demonstrates:
• Commitment and passion for improving education for all young people, with the belief that a strong foundation in math is critical to a person’s success and opportunities and that all students can learn math and ultimately perform at or above grade level
• Excellent writing ability that is clear, concise, and analytic in style and the facility to write for various audiences including foundations, donors, and broader general constituencies
• Strong research skills with willingness and ability to quickly synthesize complex information in accessible and actionable formats
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Comfortable with data management and administration – this position will need to pull reports from HMT’s donor database (Bloomerang) in addition to the program database (Salesforce)
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to work in a complex fast-paced and high-profile environment with competing priorities
• Relationship-management experience including setting and tracking goals related to outreach and representing an organization externally
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
The role should be based in North or South Carolina, ideally Charlotte, and is anticipated to require travel around 1x/month (mileage, meals, lodging reimbursed) to local regions. The role requires a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years work experience in development, marketing, nonprofit/education, or other experience relevant to this position. We offer competitive benefits and salary and anticipate this position’s starting salary to be commensurate with the candidate’s experience, with a starting salary budget range of $45,000 – $60,000 depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Please submit a 1-page cover letter explaining your interest and a resume on the on the website link below as soon as possible. Expected start date is ideally during August 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive work environment and supporting racial equity.