Spirit Store Assistant Manager
Department: Accounting and Finance Office
Reports to: Lecia Horne, Spirit Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
PDS Status: Staff, part-time 12-months,
Providence Day School is seeking an Assistant Manager for our on-campus and web-based Spirit Store. This position reports to the Spirit Store Manager. The Assistant Manager position averages 20-30 hours a week and includes some evenings and weekends. The Assistant Manager must have retail experience and demonstrated excellent proficiency in customer service. This position interacts with our faculty/staff, students, parents, grandparents and alumni.
Providence Day School is committed to actively cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment where community members experience a strong sense of belonging. The Assistant Store Manager will be committed to working with individuals from diverse academic, age, socioeconomic, cultural, ability, religious, gender, and ethnic backgrounds.
Primary essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Help organize and run the campus and web-based Spirit Store
• Monitor and maintain inventory and pricing in order to achieve store sales and profit goals
• Keep the web store inventory and pricing current
• Work closely with the PD community
• Responsible for the PDSpirit Store social media accounts. This includes regular updates of new items, sales, events etc.
• Experience with retail inventory procurement
• Periodic physical inventories
• Must be comfortable with students and supervision in the event of an emergency
Requirements and skills:
• Proven experience as a Retail Assistant Manager or similar position
• E-commerce proficiency, preferably with Shopify
• POS experience
• Social media monitoring and updates
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Strong math skills with the ability to create and analyze reports, spreadsheets and sales statistics
• Proficient user of Google Suite and/or MS Office (Sheets/Excel in particular)
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Problem-solving attitude
• Flexibility in work schedule
This position is open until filled. Providence Day School is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).