Sales Associate (Full-time)
The Golden Carrot is a retail jewelry store dedicated to carrying a special selection of carefully curated fine jewelry with a delicate aesthetic, handmade by independent designers. Our pieces include work by Ariel Gordon Jewelry, Maya Brenner, Jennie Kwon Designs, Wwake, Zoe Chicco, EF Collection and many more.
We are located at Atherton in the heart of Charlotte’s South End community, and we are currently seeking a full time Sales Associate.
Candidates must be responsible, organized, and pay high attention to detail and quality. Excellent customer service skills are needed. Prior jewelry experience is not required, but an overall appreciation for fine jewelry is a bonus. Our aim is to build genuine relationships with our customers and therefore an open, friendly demeanor is extremely important.
• Demonstrate a complete knowledge of the designers and a thorough understanding of the merchandise
• Determine each customer’s unique needs and offer suggestions and/or alternatives when needed
• Operate the POS system (Heartland/Shopify)
• Assist customers with repair needs by creating a thorough “take-in” form
• Assisting customers with custom and special order needs
• Quarterly inventory checks
• Re-stocking inventory on the sales floor
• Maintaining up-to-date price-lists
• Preparing Purchase Orders
• Receiving, inspecting & checking-in fulfilled Purchase Orders
• Styling & re-merchandising the product and storefront window
• Website maintenance and upkeep (products, images, descriptions, etc)
• Must be proficient at data entry exercises
• Marketing and raising brand awareness via social media platforms
• Developing monthly email campaigns using Adobe/Canva programs
• Ensuring timely fulfillment of all custom orders and repairs
• Going the extra mile to satisfy customer needs and expectations
• Making sound, well-informed, and objective decisions that positively impact business results
• Support all day-to-day store functions and e-comm shipping as needed
• Attend store functions, events, photo shoots, and meetings as necessary
Based on Experience. This is a full-time position, working 5 days a week, 35-40 hours per week, with 2 weekend days per month required as necessary.
Must be based in Charlotte & have reliable transportation