Presented by Indigo Home, crafting innovative and purposeful homes through a holistic experience. Whether you’re buying, selling, building or designing, Indigo Home has creative solutions to bring your dream home to life.
Infused with warmth and whimsy – and dressed in killer modern finishes – meet this year’s pick for best new build.
The house: The 3,597-square-foot custom home has three bedrooms, each with en-suite baths, plus a bonus first-floor guest bathroom.
- A front porch is a must for a house in Chantilly, a neighborhood where people spend time on their porches and know each other’s names.
- There’s also a two-story detached garage, a pool and an al fresco dining space in the rear yard.
Design: The home, which has a Tudor influence, is somewhere between transitional and modern. The homeowners were inspired by Billy Royal’s personal home, which leans into European design.
- Tall ceilings, large windows, natural light and entertainment space were on the homeowners’ must-have list.
- They wanted each room to have its own vibe, seen in the juxtaposition between the cozy sitting room and wide-open family room and kitchen. Each living space takes on a different personality, but it feels cohesive.
Best features: The house was made to suit the homeowners’ lifestyle; the customization and thoughtfulness from the teams that worked on the house make it stand out.
- The homeowners wanted a usable front porch to engage with the street (check), a large metal and glass front door with a clear sight line to the backyard and pool (check), outdoor living space (check) and a palatial primary suite (check, again).
- The designer finishes throughout make the brand-new house feel storied and personal.
Take a look around.
Royal Building Group, Mermans Architecture and High Cotton Design, brought the design to life.