Thinking about future growth? LCS is the third-largest senior living operator in the Nation and has opportunities to expand your career through multiple avenues and we are dedicated to employee development at every level of your career. With over 140 communities in 34 states (and growing), there is a seemingly infinite opportunity to take the next step in your career.
The purpose of this role will be to support the Sr. VP/Managing Director of Life Plan Communities and others within the Life Plan division and be responsible for administrative, clerical, and secretarial support and will manage the business unit office and handle communications with other business units and the corporate office.
Experience is everything:
At LCS, experience is everything. We provide you the opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, growing organization that makes a positive difference in the lives of the seniors we serve. If you are seeking an organization that gives back, you’ll love working here. Our principles and hospitality promises define our company culture. LCS employees can be found participating in volunteer activities, getting involved in our committees or collaborating with team members in our innovative work space. You’ll find several opportunities to grow as a professional, serve the community, and enhance the lives of the seniors.
• Prepare detailed reports and spreadsheets using Excel
• Design and prepare detailed Power Point presentations, correspondence, memos, charts, tables, and graphs
• Schedule appointments, send invites, keep calendars current using Microsoft Outlook
• Create and maintain organized files, reports, manuals, and books
• Process expense reports, invoices, and check requests
• Perform executive administrative work, coordinate meetings, work with other executives, and extensive email usage
• Make travel arrangements, flights, hotel, rental car, meeting space, etc.
• Provide backup support to others in the office
• Event planning for off-site and local conferences and meetings
• Order office supplies and maintain office supply inventory
• Complete special projects, some of which involve gathering, analyzing, and reporting data, training, and making recommendation
• 3+ years’ experience in executive level administrative support/office management experience is required
• Associate degree in office administration or related field preferred
• Must demonstrate a willingness and ability to continuously learn and develop new skills
• Ability to work independently
• Maintain confidentiality of all office records and interactions
• Must be open-minded and flexible as priorities often change
Knowledge and skills:
• Must demonstrate and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must project a professional image at all times and the ability to work well with a variety of people
• Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Must be detailed oriented
• Must possess strong skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook email and calendar
• Knowledge of converting PDF to Word, vice versa
• Industry leader. The Nation’s third-largest senior living operator, ranked number one in customer satisfaction among senior living communities.
• Inclusive and collaborative culture. We’re dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion and have an engaged Diversity and Inclusion Council focused on creating awareness and educating employees on inclusivity. In addition, LCS creates a collaborative culture that provides an exceptional experience for every employee.
• Top Workplace USA: LCS has earned the 2021 Top Workplaces USA award and is recognized for our strong company culture and engaged workforce. In addition, LCS earned ten culture excellence awards in areas such as DE&I practices, top managers, professional development and clued-in leaders, to name a few.
• Top Workplace Iowa: LCS employees truly believe we are an employer choice. This recognition, for 4 years running, is in large part due to the culture of excellence that our employees help deliver every single day.
• Competitive pay, great benefits and vacation time. We are an equal opportunity employer with benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company match and paid parental leave.
• Charity and community involvement. We are recognized as a national team for the Alzheimer’s Association and consistently a top contributor to United Way. We also support our employee’s individual community contributions and provide opportunities to get involved at our corporate locations and in our communities.
• Outstanding advancement opportunities. LCS is growing and we think you should too. Our company growth allows for internal growth opportunities across all of our business lines.
• Ongoing career development. Onsite education opportunities, education assistance, and continuing education credits allow LCS employees to keep their knowledge of current industry changes relevant.
LCS creates living experiences that enhance the lives of seniors. You’ll see this commitment in our people. They’re talented, dedicated professionals who truly care about residents, with each conducting his or her work with integrity, honesty and transparency according to the principles of LCS. We strive to help every community succeed—strengthening available resources, establishing proven practices that lead to long-term growth and creating lasting value for those living in, working for and affiliated with the community. Check us out on our website: www.lcsnet.com
Estimated salary range:
$50,000 – $60,000
The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
A POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK, INCLUDING REFERENCES, IS REQUIRED