School Safety Officer
Woodlawn School, a PreK-12 college preparatory school located in Mooresville, NC, seeks a School Safety Officer starting in August 2023. This is a 10-month position that will work closely with the school administration in an effort to ensure a safe environment for students, faculty & staff as well as families and visitors. As a member of the school’s internal Security & Safety Council and liaison with the community, this employee serves as a safety & security expert, enforcer & educator for our community. Previous safety & security experience is required. A team-oriented work ethic and strong relationship skills are what we are seeking in a candidate.
• Maintaining a visible presence on campus
• Serving on the Safety & Security Council
• Providing crisis management and training to students and faculty/staff
This is an ideal opportunity for a retired law enforcement professional.
• The normal workday is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm for the 177-day school year
• This is a full-time position offering competitive wages and benefits
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Must be able to work outside in seasonal temperatures & conditions
• Must have the flexibility to work during both daylight and evening hours as needs arise
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be willing and able to assist in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury)
• Must have legal authorization to carry a firearm on campus, per GS 14-269.2
• Must possess the strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision on campus
• Reaching, squatting, climbing stairs, kneeling, and moving light equipment are required
• Regularly walk for extended periods of time