Communications Account Executive
Anna Stallmann Communications (ASC) is a principal-led public relations and strategic communications firm laser focused on helping clients tell their stories and deliver on their business goals. Our team is nimble but quickly growing. We leverage a network of highly seasoned and accomplished communications professionals to meet every client opportunity, and deliver the professional communication services they need. We keep a minimal overhead, and build personalized teams for each engagement. Our clients span numerous industries in the B2B and B2C sectors, and specifically include those in the healthcare, technology, real estate, restaurant, retail, automotive, and financial sectors. The company is based in Charlotte, NC but works across North America. This position is fully remote.
The Communications Account Executive will support a combination of public relations and integrated strategic communications campaigns for our clients. This position is responsible for supporting and executing client communications campaigns, under the guidance of an Account Director. This role includes project management, research and monitoring of industry trends and current events, public relations strategy support, media outreach, social media management, content writing and managing projects with integrated vendors, such as graphic designers, videographers, and contracted content writers.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational and leadership abilities. We are looking for outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as creativity. You must have the ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision. This is a growth-focused role with a goal of developing into an Account Manager position.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
• Building and maintaining a network of media contacts
• Managing media lists and conducting media outreach and reporter pitches on client related topics and announcements
Research and monitoring
• Monitoring media outlets for coverage of client news and/or relevant issues
• Keeping abreast of current PR and digital media trends and tools
• Conducting research on clients and related industries, themes and/or competitors
• Drafting content, including press releases, blog posts, social content and other communications materials
• Supporting content development for strategic integrated communications campaigns that include earned, owned and paid media components
• Utilizing design platforms, such as Canva, to support visual content for communications
Public relations project management
• Tracking progress across communications campaigns and meeting assigned deadlines
• Coordinating work with contracted vendors, including graphic designers and videographers
• Monitoring account performance, and reporting key metrics on a monthly basis
• Participating in client meetings and presentations
• Minimum of one year of professional experience (not internship) working with a public relations agency or in-house communications team
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Canva, PowerPoint and social media platforms; Experience with Meltwater, Cision, Prowly or a similar program a plus; Experience with • CRM systems such as Constant Contact or MailChimp
• Exhibits professionalism and good judgment
• Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with care and professionalism
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP Style
This position will pay $45,000 – $55,000 per year, depending on experience, and comes with excellent company-provided benefits. This includes full coverage of healthcare for the employee and a generous contribution towards dependent healthcare coverage, 401k plan, eligibility for company bonuses, promotions and generous paid time off. More information will be provided as part of the interview process.
Why work for Anna Stallmann Communications (ASC)?
At ASC, we are on a mission to be a clearing house for excellence in communications strategy and implementation, meeting our clients where they are at to see through their success. We do this by recruiting and retaining the best talent to be part of our extended team, while enabling a culture where compassion, creativity and growth can flourish.
At ASC, we believe in:
• Embracing flexibility, adequately caring for the needs of ourselves and one other
• Cultivating empathy, fostering stronger connections with one another
• Pursuing excellence, ensuring a high standard of quality in all that we do
• Encouraging creativity, amplifying our collective voices to maximize impact
• Championing vulnerability, ensuring the ability for work and life to coexist
• Acknowledging accomplishments, celebrating small milestones along the way to achieving big goals
To accomplish these objectives, we offer fully remote work opportunities, a responsible PTO policy, flexible work schedule, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and a work environment that supports the personal and professional growth of each other.
When you join the ASC Team, you’ll join a nimble, yet flexible and supportive team environment that champions the success and well-being of one another. We believe in taking good care of ourselves so that we can take good care of our clients.