Under general supervision, performs repairs and general mechanical and electrical maintenance for Blumenthal Performing Arts Center (BPAC) and the Knight Theater. Ensures inventories of supplies for electrical and mechanical items are adequate. Performs daily, weekly, and monthly preventive maintenance. Performs related duties as required. Must be flexible with work hours – including night, weekend and holiday hours. Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Performs general maintenance work at the Performing Arts Center and Knight Theater facilities, including but not limited to preventive maintenance, electrical problems, repairs to walls, doors, fixtures, seats, small machinery, bulb replacement, etc.
• Maintains electrical inventory of bulbs, hardware, ballasts, transformers, outlet covers, housings, switches, outlets, etc. Maintains proper documentation on all supplies taken from inventory and keeps accurate count on all electrical and lighting inventory
• Performs scheduled and routine bulb replacements throughout the Performing Arts Center and the Knight Theater. Maintains history of bulb life. Performs scheduled and routine filter replacements on AHUs and FCUs
• Verifies operating conditions for electrical components such as ballast, outlets, fuses, open circuits, light switches, etc. Also verifies mechanical operations for heating and air conditioning units; changes belts, bearings, pulleys and motor parts
• Uses computerized system to maintain heating and cooling of the buildings at all times. Schedules unit on/off as needed
• Performs weekly facility checks verifying the operation of exit lights, house lights, office lights, corridors and stairwell lights, dressing room lights and lights in performance areas
• Performs monthly preventive maintenance work for air handlers, fan coil units, exhaust fans, water pumps, boilers, chillers, cooling tower, etc.
• Inspects outlet covers, wall plates, switch plates, thermostat covers, and missing, hanging, or broken signage
• Verifies proper operation of all electronic locks
• Assists in the repair of interior and exterior walls, ceilings, and flooring as well as the repair of seats in both theaters
• Operates the emergency generator and fire pump systems as necessary
• Assists in filter change outs, plumbing problems, and other mechanical/maintenance problems as needed
• Notifies supervisor and attempts to resolve situations that arise with regard to the proper operation of the facility
• Cross trains in all areas of the maintenance and mechanical section. Fills in for other section staff persons as requested
• Maintains assigned equipment
• Prepares purchase orders
• Reports safety and maintenance conditions to supervisor
• Refers to policy and procedure manuals, equipment manuals, chemical manuals, architectural drawings, etc.
• Operates a variety of maintenance equipment. Uses mechanic’s, electrician’s, and carpenter’s tools, replacement parts, etc.
• Utilizes various clerical supplies
• Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, staff of other departments, tenants, vendors, and the general public
• Assists other departments as requested
• Performs related duties as required
Requires at least 1 year of facilities maintenance experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Problem solving
• Product expertise
• Technical skills