Under general supervision, monitors the safety and security of guests, staff, tenants, and facilities in assigned areas. Cross trained to work at the Performing Arts Center and Knight Theater. Performs related tasks as required. Reports to the Security Supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Enforces safety policies and procedures; assists Supervisor/Manager by recommending enhancements and/or changes to policies and procedures as appropriate
• Monitors safety and security operations, including use of security cameras. General security operations will include the close monitoring of all people entering and exiting the building, as well as activities in the building
• Reports any suspicious condition, person, incident, or action which would result in injury or loss to company or employee to Supervisor/Manager or Senior Management. Assists in conducting security investigations as requested
• Unlocks and locks doors as appropriate during shift. Turns building lights on and off at the beginning and end of the day as needed in all areas
• Greets and assists performers, staff members, crew, and the public as necessary. Provides excellent and professional customer service
• Coordinates all entry and access procedures for entering the Performing Arts Center and the Knight Theater through the stage door and loading docks with the Facilities Director or Technical Department
• Receives and signs for deliveries; verifies condition of delivery; notifies staff and tenants of deliveries; maintains shipping and receiving documents for departments
• Completes accident and incident reports in detail and provides information to the appropriate personnel using the Accident Reports or Incident Reports user groups email
• Documents all lost & found items and places in proper holding area per the related policy until retrieved by patron or Front of House Coordinator. Any concerns/changes or last minute exceptions should be clearly documented to the Security Supervisor/Manager and the Operations Supervisor
• Maintains knowledge of activities and schedules in all facilities, including theaters and all auxiliary spaces
• Performs minimal housekeeping/maintenance duties in assigned areas as requested/needed
• Coordinates with Security Supervisor/Manager to assist in the training process for new team members
• Refers to policy and procedure manuals, security manuals, evacuation plans, daily, weekly, and monthly schedules as needed to have a good knowledge of the operations
• Uses a computer, telephone, security monitors, two-way radio, and completes daily log sheets effectively and efficiently
• Interacts and communicates effectively and positively with various groups and individuals such as immediate supervisor, security team, staff, performers, delivery personnel, tenants, and the general public
• Immediately reports concerns regarding temperatures to both the Director of Facilities and the Security Supervisor/Manager so adjustments for patron comfort can be made during the event
• Works a schedule that is fluid and determined by the needs of events, facilities, staff and other variables.
Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by two years of customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience in security, military, or law enforcement is preferred.
Tasks involve the ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods of time.