Babe & Butcher, a popular Charlotte charcuterie board shop, will open a second location at Park Road Shopping Center in the former Southern Pressed Juicery space near Michael’s.
Opening day is Saturday, Dec. 2 at 11am. The first 75 customers will receive a free goody bag and gifts with purchase.
Why it matters: Babe & Butcher has expanded from a boutique service making two charcuterie boards a day in 2019 to a cult favorite with a storefront at Camp North End.
Details: The new Park Road spot, which will have a bigger kitchen, will be able to handle larger catering events and service an expanded part of the Charlotte region, from Myers Park into South Carolina.
- Plus it will have an expanded array of charcuterie products to choose from, per a statement from Edens, the property’s owner.
- It’ll have a small retail section with specialty cutting boards, olive oils, cheese knives and other hostess gifts.
- The new location will also serve freshly pressed panini sandwiches, including one with triple cream brie with black currant and mandarin jam.
What they’re saying: “It’s been a dream since we opened our first brick and mortar to be in Park Road Shopping Center,” co-owner Lindsay Anvik said.
Flashback: Anvik opened Babe & Butcher with her business partner Rob Henricks in 2019. At first, the brand focused on creating ornate boards for weddings and other events.
- The business evolved over the years to incorporate a consumer-facing element, with a build-your-own charcuterie board offering. Babe & Butcher opened its first storefront in 2021 at Camp North End.
- These are more than just meat-and-cheese boards, however. The boards are more like artwork, as Axios’ Emma Way noted, filled with dozens of varieties of local and imported cheeses, nuts, fruit, meats and other bites.
Zoom out: Edens, based in Columbia, bought Park Road Shopping Center in 2011. The developer has been making all sorts of changes to the center since then, from restoring its vintage signage to adding new tenants like the new AMC movie theater, Amélie’s, Orangetheory Fitness, Jeni’s and Shake Shack.