The Associate-Capital Formation will assist the VP-Capital Formation, Director-Capital Formation, and Sr. Associate-Capital Formation to help administer the delivery of marketing materials to potential prospects, maintain Grubb Properties internal CRM database, and participate with scheduling meetings and driving fundraising success. The Associate-Investments will also serve as an initial point of contact for inbound investment inquires and will be a subject matter expert across one of the most dynamic sets of real estate offerings in the industry.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Partner with the Capital Formation Team surrounding marketing material distribution; to include, emailing, presentation material preparation, etc.
• Help to maintain and document marketing efforts and investor communications within internal CRM. Also expected to document their own activities within CRM
• Maintain a high-level of investor service by answering inbound inquiries and working with the operations team to resolve specific account issues
• Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate Grubb Properties sophisticated products (fund objectives, terms, exposures, manager strategy, positioning, performance attribution, etc.)
• Help to deliver research and due diligence requests from investment research groups
• Communicates very clearly through written, oral, and video avenues; an articulate and professional speaker and writer
• Displays strong work ethic, character, integrity, and is a team player
Knowledge and critical skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 2 years work experience, financial services industry or real estate preferred (asset management, private equity, wealth management or alternatives experience)
• Sales and marketing experience preferred, including cold-calling and prospect follow-up and maintenance
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe and internet research required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with outside investors and in a fast-paced environment
• Entrepreneurial Spirit and Creative Thinker
Physical demands and environmental factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in office setting
• Works under moderate supervision
• Occasionally moves about to coordinate work
• Availability for regional travel on a limit basis (up to 25%)
• Drives vehicle
• Lifting up to 25 lb, some twisting, bending, stooping, reaching
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.