Part Time Recreation Leader
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Provide excellent customer service
• Organize a variety of games/activities associated with programs and special events
• Assist with the delivery of recreation programs/events
• Monitor participants and activities in recreation facilities
• Administer evening and weekend program/event schedules set by the supervisor
• Provide a safe environment for all participants
• Perform various maintenance duties as needed
• Open and close recreation facilities as needed
• Enforce departmental rules and regulations
• Ensure the safety and proper working condition of the equipment
• Perform a variety of clerical duties including preparation and maintenance of files and reports
• Perform related tasks as required
• General knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of municipal recreation
• Ability to provide leadership for recreation participants
• Ability to prepare reports; ability to use instruments, tools, or other equipment used in recreation programs/events
• Ability to operate a personal computer, including knowledge of applicable software packages
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, participants, and the general public
• Any combination of education equivalent to some coursework in high school and experience in recreational programming is preferred
• This is medium work requiring the exertion of 75 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking, pulling, grasping, and repetitive motions
• Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
• Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels, and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound
• Visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, peripheral vision, preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operation of machines, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities
• The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions; the worker may be exposed to blood borne pathogens, cleaning products, chemicals and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment
• First Aid/CPR Certification; possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the State of North Carolina. Requires flexible work schedule, including weekend and evening hours.
All job requirements are subject to possible revision to reflect changes in the position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Town of Matthews provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws in all terms and conditions of employment.
The Town of Matthews is an at-will employer. Must be 18 years or older to apply.