Lower School, Assistant Teacher (3rd or 4th Grade), 2023-2024
The Lower School Teaching Assistant’s primary responsibility is to support the classroom teacher as he/she works to meet individual student and family needs. Keeping in mind the working relationship between the Assistant and Lead teacher is critical for the success of the students; therefore, open, honest communication is required.
• Assist with the implementation of small and whole group instruction
• Assist with student assessments and recording of student progress as needed
• Record antidotal notes of student progress during instructional time
• Take over for lead teacher when necessary
• Attend all faculty and grade level meetings
• Attend all required after-school events as stated in the Lower School Handbook
• Monitor children to always provide for their safety
• Perform carpool duties as assigned for your particular role
• Support the lead teacher with technology as needed.
• Interact and respond to parents and faculty regarding phone calls and emails as appropriate (Defer to the lead teacher in parent communications.)
• Assist in preparation for daily instruction.
• Assist lead teacher with the checking of daily work.
Requirments and qualifications:
• Elementary education experience/degree preferred.
• Computer skills-word processing, spreadsheet, email, Smartboard, preferred.
• Passion for children and an understanding of child development
• Interpersonal communication
• Time management
Physical requirements and work environment:
• May work at a desk and computer for extended period of time
• Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment
• Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
It is the policy of Charlotte Country Day School not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy extends to recruitment, employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, training, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.